HELP With a js1000 - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy HELP With a js1000

After i change strings (all in once$!$%) i notice that a difference at my string tension some strings are much easier to bend and fret than others and this make playing difficult .
Anybody can help me guys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 04:20 PM

Re: HELP With a js1000

Have you change guage of string? Also make sure you put the correct gauge in place, for example, did you put a 9 where a 9 should go? did the 16 go where the 16 should go?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 10:09 AM

Remember that every time you change your strings your intonation and action all change and you need to adjust everything again. The only thing changing all strings at 1 time can do is alter your neck tension which in the long run puts more tension on your neck, otherwise its the fact that other things like the action and intonation change each time you change the strings and you need to adjust it. I'm sure its not really a problem with the guitar.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 12:01 PM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanvai
Remember that every time you change your strings your intonation and action all change and you need to adjust everything again. The only thing changing all strings at 1 time can do is alter your neck tension which in the long run puts more tension on your neck, otherwise its the fact that other things like the action and intonation change each time you change the strings and you need to adjust it. I'm sure its not really a problem with the guitar.

Does this happens on a vintage strat like guitar too?

In mine the intonation didnt changed with the new strings(changed them 1 by 1) but the action is what I want to know about.
THX
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Re: HELP With a js1000

Originally Posted by amanvai

thank you for your help amanvai.I know how to adjust the action but i don't know how to adjust intonation can you help me?http://www.jemsite.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif
Unhappy
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 03:07 PM

iaosnas, did you change string guage? If not, ignore the advice you have been given - changing string (for the same guage) does not mean you have to set the guitar up again!
However, if you changed guage you will need to do some work.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 07:39 AM

Lightbulb Re: HELP With a js1000

If you stay with the same gauge the intonation is the same I've found.
If you use D'addario strings you will notice on the back it shows you the tension on the string, if you have customized your own gauge or are using a rare gauge of string this could be the problem, Sat himself uses D'addario EXL 120, this is 9,11,16,24,32,42 I think. So I recommend fitting these into your JS and intonating it- then see if the problem continues, if it does I would go to a guitar expert and ask them. The less tension on the string the easier to bend it is; so there will be slight differences, but not differences that affect your ability to bend the string. It could be the string is a dud, but if this has happened consistently through string sets then I don't know sorry! If you find out what the problem was, please tell us in this thread
Thanks
Regards
Jonny
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 07:42 AM

All strings are harder to bend near the nut by the way, I know it's stating the obvious but if this is the problem then there ain't much you can do! if the strings are noticably different to bend at the same fret then ask an expert!
Regards
Jonny
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 11:30 AM

Changing strings, so long as you are using the same gauge, would hardly impose a detriment on action, intonation or neck tension. It's most likey to be a different gauge or the wrong strings in the wrong place.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

It's possible to make the intonation myself without the intonation tool?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 08:11 AM

I don't think so, use the allen key and unlock the saddle, then slide it back or forward, and try the intonation again

Tags
addario exl , addario strings , intonation tool , string guage , string tension , vintage strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode