Help, Lo pro 1994 in 7v offset!!! - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Help, Lo pro 1994 in 7v offset!!!

Hello

Delighted to be here is my first Post.

After a complete cleaning of the guitar, including the cleaning of the bridge, (The guitar was stored for 30 years) The touch, accommodation of the fingers on the mast, was perfect, the only exception, is that it was fluctuated intonation .

I found the problem that the tremolo is in high position, I can't find in the manual how to solve it, so that the guitar is untouchable.

It is like the springs do not pull the tremolo, to adjust horizontally. All the tests that have been done with the internal screws do not succeed either.

The pressures are very high now on the bridge, the vibrato lever is not smooth now.

Video is here:

https://youtu.be/oCL6dEKnlNA

I will post photos too

thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 11:27 AM

Re: Help, Lo pro 1994 in 7v offset!!!

It looks like you have a lot of room to tighten the claw springs, it's difficult to understand your English (google translate?) so I'm not entirely sure what you're saying. What string gauge is being used on the guitar? I would inspect to see if the trem is also sitting correctly on the trem posts first. From first glance it would just seem you need to tighten up the claw screws to increase the spring tension, making small adjustments and then re-tuning the guitar and repeating until the knife edge is parallel.

That will drop the action though the action looks like it may still be high when the bridge is level, to avoid wear/damage of the knife edges and posts you should remove the trem unit before adjusting the action with the trem posts (which are locking, so you need to also unlock them first). Once you have everything set and the guitar plays good (so bridge is parallel, action is good) then you should adjust the intonation.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 01:28 PM

https://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/angle.htm#EP
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Thank you very much for both answers and apologies for my English.

Indeed, he usually mounted about 0.9 of Addario and the problem came with about NYXL 10-46.

The bridge took off from one of the sides, so loosen everything quickly, so that it would not be damaged, later I disassembled all the parts to check it, apparently there is no damage, I also disassembled the two screws, bridge height adjustment screw, when disassembling check the anchor thread and it works well. Unfortunately I did not write down its correct placement (on one side it is hollow and on the other it is pointed) How to insert them correctly?

The hole inside the screw or the hole out?

https://youtu.be/amT--w3K56k

To use the 0.10 string, would I need more springs? or another type of pier maybe shorter?

Thank you

Last edited by Poweralti; 08-18-2019 at 11:20 AM.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 08:25 PM

In a guitar that nice, I'd install a Schaller sure claw. put one in my Roadstar 2 & my 520qs. The adjustment range is far superior to conventional claw screws.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Is beauty, can you see this challer sure claw solution in a jem ? Thanks
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 06:30 AM Thread Starter

Ok return to 0,9 42 addario EXL120
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 06:05 AM Thread Starter

As you can see, the notch to align the bridge is perfectly in place.

then I tighten the spring screws a couple of turns little by little

https://youtu.be/q8BK3nDhy_Q
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 06:08 AM Thread Starter

the result 24 hours later, it doesn't matter if you tighten the spring bolts a couple of turns, tighten them almost to the end.

https://youtu.be/1QcWAP4kWD0
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 02:44 PM

Your springs in that video are almost as far out as they can go in the wrong direction to fix this problem.

This is what my Jem looks like, setup for 10-46 D'addarios. Ignore the backstop it's not even in use, doesn't affect the bridge in any way.

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Sorry I can’t understand you explain about my springs. What about that’s screws in you guitar?

Thanks
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweralti View Post
Sorry I can’t understand you explain about my springs. What about that’s screws in you guitar?

Thanks
Your screws need to be screwed in, as you can see in the picture of my guitar. Your video shows your issue is normal because your screws for the tremolo claw are way too far out, there is no tension on the springs to hold the tremolo in place, you need to tighten them a lot so that it looks closer to the situation with my guitar.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Is beauty, can you see this challer sure claw solution in a jem ? Thanks
I have to confess I don't know jems all that well. Are they the same body thickness as an RG?
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 04:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBazz View Post
Quote:

Thanks
Your screws need to be screwed in, as you can see in the picture of my guitar. Your video shows your issue is normal because your screws for the tremolo claw are way too far out, there is no tension on the springs to hold the tremolo in place, you need to tighten them a lot so that it looks closer to the situation with my guitar.

The result is the same if i screwed to the top of the screwed capacity
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBazz View Post
Your springs in that video are almost as far out as they can go in the wrong direction to fix this problem.

This is what my Jem looks like, setup for 10-46 D'addarios. Ignore the backstop it's not even in use, doesn't affect the bridge in any way.

Where you buy that’s screws and springs? , look very good, thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode