Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Help me design a logo for my SCS guitars

5K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  williamswilliamd4 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everybody, as some of you may know I designed a guitar......now I'm down to the very last thing, the headstock logo. I think the having the right headstock logo is very important (at least to me) I have looked looked and looked and just can't seem to find that PERFECT one.....I swear, I've looked at my name in every font imaginable.......I want it to just say "Sims" perferably, but I would entertain cool versions of SCS.....I think Sims Custom Shop is too long to fit in the limited space I have. I didn't know if their were any artists in here or computer programmers, but I know theirs some good photoshoppers here. I just want something really cool and unique.....like an Ibanez logo, a Jackson logo, a Gibson logo, etc.....you know all those the second u see them, their font/shape/style are very unique. If any of u guys have time come up with some stuff and post the image here.....and if I really like it, it may be the one I use on all my guitars. I am very picky tho......Heres some ideas to throw up......the dot for the "I" could be a Star, maybe something that involves a 3 leaf clover or even 4 leaf....something that has a logo in it would be very cool, but not mandatory.....for example the "A" in anderson......all u got to see is the A and u instantly know what it is.....I also thought it would be cool to possibly have the last "S" turn into a guitar cord and loop around. Please keep in mind my headstock is a 3+3 tuner arangment and I don't have alot of space.....I would say a 1/2" tall and no longer than 2". Again u don't have to do it like that, those are just ideas I had, I want to see what u guys come up with.

Post ur ideas or renderings here.....if there are alot of really good ones I may even do a poll to narrow it down. Just remember if you incorporate a logo it would be even cooler if the logo has a meaning behind it......for example a 3 leaf clover would be symbolic of Irish heritage, which Sims is, etc.....

Also, think about the shape of the guitar and its attributes. The guitar is classy but yet a little radical too (Sharp horns, aggressive carved top, etc....) (If your not familiar with my guitar shape just click on the Sims Custom Shop logo above, the gold guitar u will see come up is it)

So the logo needs to be cool, classy, etc....

I'm getting really frusterated trying to come up with something.....just haven't seen the right one yet, but I'll know it when I see it. So I thought I would ask and see what kind of input my fellow JEMSITERS can give me.

Thanks!

Patrick

See less See more
#6 ·
That looks cool Ibanezcollector, however try to keep it to just a single shade with a white back ground, b/c I'll be having the decals cut out of vinyl then clear coated over....so if I did the above decal I would only be able to do it in a single color, with no shading, outline, etc. So I would suggest just showing black logos on white backgrounds. The logo u put up above tho would look really cool as a banner on my site, I like it

#14 ·
Hey Patrick. I was messin' around and came up with a logo for the headstock. When I was looking at all the most successful guitar company logos, they are all distinctive yet very simple. I believe they do that to focus the eyes attention on the actual guitar. Your guitar shape and design is gorgeous, and I thought why take away from that with a phony, fake, lame looking logo? You want to show off the craftsmanship of the guitar, its flashy enough, you don't need to pour on a crazy logo. That is just my opinion and what I think you should do, let me know what you think. Good or Bad.

#15 ·

Heres one with a Truss Rod Cover. The design of the truss rod cover doesn't have to look like that in real life, I'm sure you could get something better but I wanted to empasize the opposites, Gold on Black vs Black on Gold. If you could get black truss rod covers with engraved "SCS" into it with the color of the guitar.

#26 · (Edited)
just a quick mockup of what i had in my head when i saw this thread, the lines aren't perfect but you can see the concept..
it's a modern line logo with some movement to it hopefully.

most of the suggestions have been cool but personally i think a logo should be more than a font. it needs to be somewhat an image or shape to be memorable.. it's just good advertising to do so.

#27 ·
There different tools are used to design an attractive and eye catchy logo. The most common and popular tools are Illustrator, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop. These tools are used by all professional Graphic Designers. In Printing Companies these tools are must used. But the Sign Company NY is one of the best company where all professional graphic designers hired and all those graphics designer done their job honestly and efficiently.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.