help me....laquer problems - Page 4 - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 05:41 AM

Re: help me....laquer problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfram
Thanks again SCS. Absolutely brilliant. You should seriously consider your own website on painting guitars - it would definately be in my favourites. That is if you don't have your own website already. Thanks again.

Wolfram
Thanks Wolfram, I do have a website for custom painting, from cars, trucks & motorcylces, to art sculptures & guitars. Its www.simscustomshop.com

Last edited by PatrickSimsCustomShopUSA; 06-04-2006 at 09:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 09:17 AM

Reviews: 13

links gone straight to favourites!

Cheers
Wolfram
post #48 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 01:49 AM

You all make excellent points but are forgetting a big reason why Guitar makers are using poly: its becoming illeal to shoot lacquer in production situations! The poly is LOWER VOC! Auto industry is now required to use ONLY waterbased base coats in So cal and other areas, most other areas following in less than 2 years. Doesnt apply to clear YET! Furniture industry following also. It does require more knowledge to shoot poly clear also, wait till you get solvent pops, fisheyes, and blushing! Not for the novice finisher, you must also get the special catalyst, AND reducer, and should use sealer first! good luck!

Tags
brian moore , clear coat , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom shop , custom shop gibson , electric guitar , flame maple , gibson les paul , guitar tech , ibanez guitars , les paul , les pauls , mij guitars , pickup cavities

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode