Help! TRS Trem upgrading problem! - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Help! TRS Trem upgrading problem!

hey guys, i have, i believe is a 270DX body (baught of ebay with an aftermarket paint job so i cant tell) and it has i think TRS holes in it where the posts go in the trem cavity. these holes appear to be in a rectangular metal piece that holds it in place. I have just baught an Edge Pro trem, and i'm having some trouble taking that piece out to put in the new posts and post holders. does anyone have any idea about what im talking about? thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 03:14 AM

you want to put an Edge Pro in a TRS place? best wishes, bro...

are you sure it's an Edge Pro, or is it a Lo-Pro Edge? the Edge Pro won't fit in a TRS (and FR, Edge and Lo-Pro Edge) cavity, because of different posts placement.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

trem

hey, im sure its an Edge Pro trem, i baught it brand new, and from the way it looks the post placement is fine. all i want to do is take out that rectangular piece because i can fill up the area with wood and drill the new post holes in it.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

also

also, i am not 100% sure a TRS Trem went into the cavity. i'm guessing it is a 270 body because on the back it doesnt have the jack cavity cover like you find on the 570s.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

also

also, i am not 100% sure a TRS Trem went into the cavity. i'm guessing it is a 270 body because on the back it doesnt have the jack cavity cover like you find on the 570s.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 02:59 AM

Re: trem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauibbq123
...and from the way it looks the post placement is fine...
that's the point: it looks like it fits the TRS' cavity, but it won't actually. they have different posts distance inbetween. try it and let us know.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

bridge

hey, i played around with it alittle bit and i was able to take the piece out. i put my new anchors and posts in and set up the edge and its good to go. it does fit fine.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 08:45 PM

How's the intonation?

That was what was moved on the new guitars, not the post spacing, but the bridge location relative to the neck.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2004, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro
How's the intonation?

That was what was moved on the new guitars, not the post spacing, but the bridge location relative to the neck.
Yeah man, he speaks the truth. If it's an RG270 from before this year, you're gonna have major intonation issues. You'll be MUCh better off with a normal Edge.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2004, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

crap

hey, i havent been able to put strings on it yet because i'm doing some work to the neck, but i guess im just gonna have to live with it. i dont think theres much i can do to remedy the problem because i already have the bridge and everything.

Tags
cavity cover , edge pro trem , pro edge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode