Help tuning Edge Zero II bridge (JS140) - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Help tuning Edge Zero II bridge (JS140)

Hello guys

i just bought a JS140 yesterday ( its my first ibanez/guitar with such trem ), and it was completely out of tune, from intonation to string action

ther's one major problem, we dont have any luthier in my country ( algeria ), i mean there are some who fix acoustic guitars, but no one work on electric guitars, let alone on a modern ibanez with such bridge

so my only option left is the required tools and internet, am fairly confident in myself to do the required tuning without breaking anything with clear instructions

first i tried to look for the Edge Zero II bridge manual and couldnt find it anywhere else, not even on ibanez website, the manual that come with the guitar have all sort of bridge but not this one, if someone has or knows where i can get it please link it to me !

the bridge look exactly like the one on JS140 photos on ibanez website ( i cant post links yet apparently )

what i want to do and couldnt figure out at all is adjustin the intonation on this bridge

i kept looking for something logical to do, but without success, i know that the piece that support the string have to be moved back or forward for intonation djustment, but i have no idea how to do that on this bridge

so please if anyone can help i would be grateful, thanks !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 11:22 AM
Vendor

Re: Help tuning Edge Zero II bridge (JS140)

Welcome.

Intonation on any bridge without a tool is usually done the same way. Detune the string slack, loosen the saddle lockdown screw, move saddle how far you feel it needs to go, tighten screw, retune and check if it is correct or needs to be moved again.
Repeat as necessary.

If the note is flat you don't need to slack the string, you can carefully unscrew the lockdown screw with the bar dived to take some tension off and let the tension of the string pull it forward.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

oh ok, thanks for the quick reply Rich, i never though about having to lose the strings, it seems so tedious to do it repeatedly for every strings ! i will try that and get back
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 11:30 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

Keep the trem nut locked then when you loosen the string (one at a time) it will go right back to pitch.

Alternately you can block the trem to slacken the strings, adjust the nut the remove the block. Simple.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 11:32 AM
Vendor

Turbo winder.

Intonation is the very last step in the setup, it will do no good to set the intonation if anything else is off, action, neck relief, or trem angle.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 12:03 PM

Don't forget the FIRST thing to do :
Change the strings for the ones you habitually use.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys it worked, a bit tricky but i got it, gonna work on proper string action now, then re do the intonation again

Tags
js140 tuning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode