How to screw on a neck? - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

How to screw on a neck?

Hi guys,
Well I bought a Jackson 24 fret neck for my project. I have a new body and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to screw on the neck accurately.

What is the best way to determine where to place the screws? This may seem like something simple, but I am burnt out from exams and I cant think straight right now with figuring out geometry. Anyways, thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 07:35 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: How to screw on a neck?

First of all this is my opinion and this is the way i do it

just exactly like you tighten your lug nuts on your vehicle...it doesnt really matter which screw goes in which hole, but tighten one (not all the way down) but just stop when you starts to see the neck suck up to the neck pocket then stop...hten tighten the next one the same way diagonally across from it..then the same way with the other two

this makes sure the neck is sucked up (parrallel) to the neck pocket well across the entire two surfaces (the neck surface and the neck pocket surface, where they meet..

hope this helps
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 08:58 PM

Balance is very important. If you get going to fast you will fall off, aside from that I imagine it would be just like screwing any place else.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 12:03 AM

Reviews: 1
Talking Re: How to screw on a neck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
Balance is very important. If you get going to fast you will fall off, aside from that I imagine it would be just like screwing any place else.

ROTFLMAO
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 04:54 AM

Put the neck into the neck pocket as far as it will go. If it hasnt already got holes in it, get a drill bit a few mm smaller than the neck screws you have, and tape it off at the length of the screws, so you dont drill too far. Then drill, and screw it on.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmaur View Post
First of all this is my opinion and this is the way i do it

just exactly like you tighten your lug nuts on your vehicle...it doesnt really matter which screw goes in which hole, but tighten one (not all the way down) but just stop when you starts to see the neck suck up to the neck pocket then stop...hten tighten the next one the same way diagonally across from it..then the same way with the other two

this makes sure the neck is sucked up (parrallel) to the neck pocket well across the entire two surfaces (the neck surface and the neck pocket surface, where they meet..

hope this helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
Heheh... kelmaur, be careful with your choice of words

Tags
neck , project

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode