What kind of heating / a.c. / ventilation system do you have in your home? Are these problems occuring with other items in your home? (Hardware, amp corners, rusting or dis-coloring?, mold or chalky residue on conrete walls or floors?)
I work in the HVAC field and see evidence all the time of excessive moisture, mold, bacteria, dirt and dust causing problems for people. In the industry, it's known as "Sick Building Syndrome". Exsessive moisture, along with airborne mold spores and sweat + skin particles from your fingers could cause some of the symptoms you're describing.