I need wireing help - new pickups in my rg7621 - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

I need wireing help - new pickups in my rg7621

I'm still working on my customized rg7621 well I got a new set of pickups ( a dimarzio tonezone 7 and a paf 7) and need to wire it up. I want to get rid for the tone control and use it and the vol. control as two independent vol. controls ( one for each pickup) So its two humbuckers two vol.s a five way switch to the output. Now can any one out there tell me how to wire this up ( if you could draw me a pic that one help allot) or does any one know where to find the wiring diagram for a stock rg7621 so I can work from there? :help:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 10:14 PM

I need wireing help

Here is the original wiring diagram from Ibanez...

http://www.ibanez.com/wiring/W97051.GIF

This may be helpful, but it seems to only work well with either the neck or bridge positions (the middle ones aren't very exciting)...

http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/twovol.html

(Edited by bachle7 at 9:21 pm on June 13, 2001)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

I need wireing help

Thanks! ( duh I should have looked there) If any one can tell me how to turn the tone to a vol let me *know
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 10:36 PM

I need wireing help

If you truly want two seperate volumes, you'll have to change the volume pot wiring too. Otherwise when you have both pickups on you will be drawing the volume of both down to ground as you move one pot or the other. Like on a jazz bass, you will switch the "pickup hot" with the "output hot". *Really that means switching the middle lug with the end lug, and leaving the ground where it is. *This way, when you turn the pot down, you are bleeding the pickup to ground, not the combined hot to ground, and they both work independently and can be brought all the way down without killing off the other one.

Tags
bridge position , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tonezone , wiring diagram

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode