Ibanez Edge Intonation Tool - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Ibanez Edge Intonation Tool

I've never intonated a guitar before but I would like to learn how. What does an intonation tool for an Ibanez Edge look like? How does it help you? Where can you buy one? Do you even need one to intonate an Edge properly?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 04:07 PM

Re: Ibanez Edge Intonation Tool

It just makes the job a little easier to do. It looks like this:

This one is for a floyd rose, I'm not sure if it works on the edge. It's from stewmac.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 04:51 PM

Reviews: 11

they have tools for it?!?!? i always just used my hands haha
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 06:19 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Use the search feature--this has been asked and answered a few times and includes info on the Edge, too.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 08:00 PM

Reviews: 120

That tool doesn't work for Ibanez Edge, Schaller or Gotoh trems, only trems strictly made like the OFR.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
Use the search feature--this has been asked and answered a few times and includes info on the Edge, too.
Thanks, actually I did search and read quite of a few of them. Seemed like the answer was you can't buy these any more and the ones at stewmac don't work on an edge.

Sorry I probably poorly titled this thread. Really I was mostly curious how does this tool help you? I mean what is the gain of using the tool.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Vendor

The OFR tool doesn't fit right at all, but it will work of you don't mind it scratching up the cosmo on the butt of your trem.

The tool holds the saddle in place with full string tension and allows you to move the saddle precisely at pitch. It can be handy on trems where the fine tuner is exposed with the tool on, [Edge, Edge Zero, etc.] but the Lo Pro tool is a pain as it covers the fine tuners so you can't use them, and IMO the fine tuners are more important in setting intonation than having a tool hold the saddle, especially when you can detune by clamping the bar on the body at full dive and have everything retuned faster than you can with the tool on.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Scratching up my trem doesn't exactly sound like my cup of tea.

Somewhere I read they don't make these tools for the edge anymore. Don't suppose you have any of the Edge intonation tools even though your parts page says discontinued.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 11:41 PM
Vendor

None for sale.

Tags
intonation , intonation tool

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode