Ibanez Guitar Parts - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
fox

Ibanez Guitar Parts

For the love of god I cannot seem to find any online guitar parts dealer who carry Ibanez parts. All I need is the locking nut KIT for my JS2000. Where can I find this part?

My local dealer is an idiot so please don't ask me to go there.

Are there any on-line parts dealers who can order me genuine Ibanez parts? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 05:28 PM

Re: Ibanez Guitar Parts

Look at the swirled banner on this page, www.ibanezrules.com might be able to help you.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 10:02 PM

I will just inject here the statement that my experience with ibanez itself, through any dealer, is usually quite painful. they are reknown for being quite slow, actually notoriously slow when it comes to parts order turnover. i recently recieved some of the nylon trem washers, they showed up near a year to the day after i ordered them. i've previously ordered trem parts on a few accounts and had to wait no less than 4 months...

Actually, i think i'm heading over to ibanez rules.com to stock up on some things while rich has them in stock...

Mike
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 10:06 PM
Vendor

I try to keep healthy stock. People need parts when they need them, not a month later.

The top mount JS nut [reason for this thread] I had to order from Japan and pay list just to get because neither of the distributors here had them. Took 3 months through a Japanese dealer, so it's not just a US thing.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 01:03 AM

Thats wierd about Ibanez's slowness. I oreded a brand new bridge from guitar center and it came in like 4 days...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 06:30 AM

As a dealer in Canada..............to order parts from Ibanez, it's the shipping that kills me. If you need one washer, the shipping will be worth 100x the cost of the part. The problem is with the cost ............will you pay 15.00 for one washer? Most people will not. If you buy a whole bridge......not a problem ......just roll the shipping into the cost............it's expensive anyway. Now if you are willing to wait untill an order goes in you can get those washers cheap. This is where the time frame comes into play. It might be 3 months before an order goes in. It's all in the timming. Call your dealer and find out when they will be putting in their next order. This will give you a better time frame. If you just order the part.........they will take your money and make you wait reguardless of how long it will take. Hope this helps some of you understand the "why does it take so long"
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 07:40 AM

Reviews: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I try to keep healthy stock. People need parts when they need them, not a month later.

The top mount JS nut [reason for this thread] I had to order from Japan and pay list just to get because neither of the distributors here had them. Took 3 months through a Japanese dealer, so it's not just a US thing.
Hey Rich,
Who did you contact to order the parts?
I'm having a hell of a time trying to find a dealer as well.
Any info would be much appreciated.

-MIKE
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTM2-live View Post
Hey Rich,
Who did you contact to order the parts?
I'm having a hell of a time trying to find a dealer as well.
Any info would be much appreciated.

-MIKE
Rich is the dealer...

Contact Rich for parts.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 02:55 PM

Reviews: 26

I can probably get you one. I'm in the Ibanez importer's shop often.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 05:39 PM

World known problem indeed...
Here in Portugal we have the same problem indeed :-(
If you order like a Jem or a JS or and equal expensive guitar...men believe me...it comes but like 2 to 6 months after you ordered.
I don´t know the guys from Ibanez, are thinking...
Im ordering all my stuff from sites likme www.thomann.de or www.musicstore.de
Because local parlors...geez forget it
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 11:57 AM

Hi chaps

I have a chrome 42mm JS rear mount nut in stock now...........

It could easily be modded to be made into a front mount if you're wanting one quick!

Max
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 10:32 PM
Banned

...all I ever find is Jem and Rg parts....as if Ibanez only made those kinds of guitars... what about us Artist owners?? I'd have to say that's the hardest to find for parts of any famous named guitar company like fender, gibson...etc.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 11:26 PM

Reviews: 25

When is that Ibanez tool kit gona be available... I want one dammit :P

Tags
locking nut

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode