Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Ibanez RG1527 bridge setup help

756 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  govindkori 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I’m new here! Nice to meet you all. I have an RG1527 that has an edge pro bridge. I recently got some heavy duty springs for it as I have it set in drop a tuning. I recently noticed that when diving the bar sharp it would hit the wood. Turns out my brass block was loose and I needed to tighten the screws. I spent a while doing that today and restringing it and setting it up. To keep the bridge level I have to have the springs quite close to the body in the back and that is putting a lot of slack on the springs therefor it looks like again the brass block has moved and when diving sharp I still hear the bridge touching the wood. Any advice? Go back to thin springs? Use more springs. Please help!

#2 ·
Hey guys. I'm new here! Nice to meet you all. I have an RG1527 that has an edge pro bridge. I recently got some heavy duty springs for it as I have it set in drop a tuning. I recently noticed that when diving the bar sharp it would hit the wood. Turns out my brass block was loose and I needed to tighten the screws. I spent a while doing that today and restringing it and Nox Vidmate VLC setting it up. To keep the bridge level I have to have the springs quite close to the body in the back and that is putting a lot of slack on the springs therefor it looks like again the brass block has moved and when diving sharp I still hear the bridge touching the wood. Any advice? Go back to thin springs? Use more springs. Please help!

am looking for fixing the isuue i have the same problem ? any updates ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.