Ibanez Roadstar headstock decal - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2015, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez Roadstar headstock decal

Hi,

I'm looking for a solid white headstock decal for an Ibanez Roadstar. I only need the part which says Ibanez, not the rest of the text.

Does anyone know anywhere that sells these? Or maybe has an image I could have printed?

Thanks,
Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2015, 04:59 PM

Re: Ibanez Roadstar headstock decal

Hi

Im a graphic designer, if you want i can draw you that. ATM i have the jem, jc and series logos in vector (adobe illustrator, corel draw and freehand)
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 03:19 AM Thread Starter

Hi,

That would be great! Then I can find somewhere to have it printed.

Can't wait to see it!

Thanks,
Pete
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 08:08 AM

Yeah, or even better, you can find someone with a plotter to cut the draw into colored self-adhesive vinyl and apply it to your guitar. Or you can use the vinyl as a mask if you want a real paint job. You'll get something like the logos on this image. PM me with your e-mail
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 11:39 AM

I've been looking for that logo too... though I had given up! I sanded the paint off my Roadstar's headstock years ago and it's been blank ever since.
FireEagle is online  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 12:06 PM

This sounds crazy, maybe even illegal, but wouldn't this be cool but with "Ibanez" decal on a car? Even if it's like the chrome logo on a car. Here's a Gibson logo on a car:

http://www.bornrich.com/gibson-renau...-festival.html

I know the car from the link got permission and likewise with the guitar company using the name of the car put onto the guitar. But it's so funny how litigious companies can get over things like logos.

In my small town one restaurant owned by an attorney somehow managed to let his own restaurant be allowed within city limits to use the word "restaurant" on it's sign. Other restaurants were put in the phone book under the category of restaurants and used the word restaurant on their menus and advertisement but only this one lawyer-owned restaurant locked in the term restaurant for signage. Of course that was challenged and eventually struck down, but it's amazing what people or organizations can lay claim to. Common sense would say that other restaurants should be allowed to use the term "restaurant" on its signs but it all comes down to letter of the law and paying for stuff through lawyers.

I have thought about getting raised plastic or metal "Fender" amp logos and replacing them onto my car where it otherwise says Volvo, but having been in law school just a year scared the idea out of me real quick. I am sure somebody with that company could get mad and sent me a nice packet in the mail. I know it's tempting, but since I don't think Ibanez would be as likely to notice, I kind of like those raised Ibanez logos from Ibanez amps for my car.

Last edited by 63Blazer; 05-22-2015 at 03:26 PM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 12:11 PM

Ok no problemo, we have to fix that all i need is a straight image of the original logo so it can be accurate. I dont have any roadstar. PM me and i send you a file when it's done
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 02:57 PM

Can someone with an old Roadstar II please measure the length of the Roadstar II headstock decal? I think from the bottom left tip of the Ibanez "I" to the upper right tip of the "S" in "SERIES" would be a good overall length measurement.

Thanks!!
FireEagle is online  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEagle View Post
Can someone with an old Roadstar II please measure the length of the Roadstar II headstock decal? I think from the bottom left tip of the Ibanez "I" to the upper right tip of the "S" in "SERIES" would be a good overall length measurement.

Thanks!!
Correction:

Could someone provide the measurement in the pic below...

FireEagle is online  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 12:12 AM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEagle View Post
Correction:

Could someone provide the measurement in the pic below...

I just got your PM bro.....some SERIOUS eye candy in there!! There's at least 10 that I would buy right now. Most could be flipped for a profit (especially the white Kramer American...) We'll talk more about it tomorrow.

Measures exactly 111.75mm or 4.40"
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
I just got your PM bro.....some SERIOUS eye candy in there!! There's at least 10 that I would buy right now. Most could be flipped for a profit (especially the white Kramer American...) We'll talk more about it tomorrow.

Measures exactly 111.75mm or 4.40"
No doubt... I was drooling too!

Thanks a lot for the measurement too... you're the man!
FireEagle is online  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 04:02 AM

Hi My name is Glen

I was wondering if anyone has had success reproducing the art for the Roadstar II headstock decal
I have found an all black Roadstar II with the Logo in silver and wish to refinish to near original (including screen printing the logo) but need the art so that I can have a go at making a silk screen.
I have tried scanning the headstock but do not have the software to clean up the image to be usable for my purpose.
could anyone assist, or advise where I would go to have the headstock scanned and a usable image produced. I live in Sydney Australia. I can post a copy of the scam I have done and provide measurements.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 07:36 AM

Hi Glen! I have the logo vector in adobe illustrator or coreldraw. If you want it PM me.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 05:03 PM

Dredging up an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone had succeeded in making a Roadstar II decal, or else could provide a high resolution image or vector file of the logo. I would be happy to compensate for either.

Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode