Ibanez tbx15r - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez tbx15r

Hi
The 6.35 jack on my Ibanez tbx15r broke, and I can't find the part anywhere. I was wandering if you could help me with it?
It's a 6 pin female jack but two of the pins are on the middle front of the jack, I dont know why actually and that makes it hard for me to look for. Images in the links
https://image.ibb.co/mQrrZy/IMG_20180630_022437_1.jpg
https://preview.ibb.co/hmDG1d/IMG_20180630_022445_1.jpg
https://preview.ibb.co/crT5uy/IMG_20180630_022459_1.jpg
https://preview.ibb.co/jSUBZy/IMG_20180630_160807.jpg

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 12:30 PM

Re: Ibanez tbx15r

You can use any jack socket you want, just put it in upside down and use short flyleads to connect it to the PCB.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepulchrave View Post
You can use any jack socket you want, just put it in upside down and use short flyleads to connect it to the PCB.
Thanks for the quick reply
But what do you mean by putting it upside down?
What are the other 2 middle pins for?
And after I saw your reply I had the idea of just connecting the socket to the PCB by wires and leaving the socket outside of the amp itself, will that work using simple electrical wires?
Thanks again 🙂
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahaf137 View Post
And after I saw your reply I had the idea of just connecting the socket to the PCB by wires and leaving the socket outside of the amp itself, will that work using simple electrical wires?
Thanks again 🙂
Put it in upside down because the pins of a new one will not match the PCB pattern then just use simple electrical wires to connect it to the PCB, if you put it outside the amp it will be noisy.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks again 🙂
Put it in upside down because the pins of a new one will not match the PCB pattern then just use simple electrical wires to connect it to the PCB, if you put it outside the amp it will be noisy.
I'm sorry but i dont understand what is the difference between one socket to the other
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry but i dont understand what is the difference between one socket to the other
Dude, it's the input socket for the amp right?

If so it's a MONO 1/4" (6.35mm) Female Jack Socket.

This means only TWO connections to the PCB are actually doing anything, the rest are for extra strength, so you can use ANY new socket you like and use two wires to connect to the PCB.

Don't make me come over there!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Dude, it's the input socket for the amp right?

If so it's a MONO 1/4" (6.35mm) Female Jack Socket.

This means only TWO connections to the PCB are actually doing anything, the rest are for extra strength
Lol man dont get pissed look at the picture https://preview.ibb.co/ky7SsJ/IMG_20180701_000950_1.jpg
The two mid front leads go to two capacitors on the PCB.
The other four legs goes to different pins (CH1 and CH2) I assume some of them goes to ground.
This amp has two channels, one that's clean and one with distortion built in.

Sorry if I'm being annoying, it's just that I dont know sht about amps and I cant afford a new one so tnx for helping anyway

Last edited by Shahaf137; 06-30-2018 at 05:17 PM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Lol man dont get pissed look at the picture https://preview.ibb.co/ky7SsJ/IMG_20180701_000950_1.jpg
The other four legs goes to different pins (CH1 and CH2) I assume some of them goes to ground.

Sorry if I'm being annoying, it's just that I dont know sht about amps and I cant afford a new one so tnx for helping anyway
Dude, a new socket is a coupla bux, are you kidding me?

Just take the socket to a Radio Shack type store and ask them to sell you one like it, you prolly shouldn't have skipped so much school, there are gaps showing in yo' edumacayshun!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:

Dude, a new socket is a coupla bux, are you kidding me?

Just take the socket to a Radio Shack type store and ask them to sell you one like it, you prolly shouldn't have skipped so much school, there are gaps showing in yo' edumacayshun!
Obviously I was talking about new amp not socket. Second is Im not from the US, I wish I had a store like that around, but believe me ive searched just couldnt find the exact one
Nevermind that, ill try a different socket and see where that gets me
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 11:17 PM

Reviews: 120

Gee, sepulchrave is a real charmer! :rolleyes;

Do a google search for "1/4" 6 pin pcb mount mono female trs jack" and have a look through the inventory on the electronics sites that come up. See if you can find something that matches your jack. There's a number of different options, and they shouldn't cost too much. If the pins do connect to other electronic components they may be supporting a stronger ground or tonal thing, I don't know. I would have said just get any regular mono jack too, but if those pins seem to be doing something it may be a safe bet to wire it as close as possible to the OEM configuration

Good luck!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 02:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post

Do a google search for "1/4" 6 pin pcb mount mono female trs jack" and have a look through the inventory on the electronics sites that come up. See if you can find something that matches your jack. There's a number of different options, and they shouldn't cost too much. If the pins do connect to other electronic components they may be supporting a stronger ground or tonal thing, I don't know. I would have said just get any regular mono jack too, but if those pins seem to be doing something it may be a safe bet to wire it as close as possible to the OEM configuration

Good luck!
Thanks man! I didn't know these were called trs so it widened my search results.
I found out the extra two pins were for EMI/RFI screening which what they probably do is shielding for interference from radio frequencies and magnetic fields. Only thing is the only one selling them does not ship to me and also not responding via email, just my luck haha.
Worst case scenerio I will just wire thenm to the the PCB and be done with it.
Thanks again bro have a nice day
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
Why thank you for the compliment my Antipodean cousin, I try to add a little humour to a dry lunch whenever I can...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode