Ibanez JEM Forum banner

I'm very proud of it..be nice please

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  The Madness Here 
#1 ·
Hi, this is my first post here...i'd been watching for about 5 month.. From the day i bought my BSB..well more than a sweet traded actually.. i gave him a Epiphone Les Paul Standar with Dimarzio superdistortion and $500 a he gave me a beatiful Jem..i love that guitar... :D

But that´s no the topic of this.. A friend of mine Got impressed with the Yngwie Video in wich he shows a Nylon String Stratocaster.. made By Fender..so he decided (my friend) that he will build one too..so a month ago he finally get the Piezo that he need to build so he did.. and the result was espectacular..When i saw the guitar and played it i decided that i should have one too.. so the Short story, here is it:

It was a Washburn Lyon Neck in a noname Body, i made a several modificacións to that guitar..

you can see it here..

So i have to remove the Floyd Rose and put a Wood Bridge..and ´cause a like it so much the finish of the BSB i went for something like that..

It sound Great...at least too me..

What do you guys think?

See less See more
#6 ·
wemedge said:
Hola!

Interesting mod! Nice monkey grip too! Thanks for sharing.

Do you have soundclips?

wemedge
Thanks..

The monkey grip i did it myself following the Brian´s Direcctions from www.projectguitar.com. ..with a little variations ´cause when i tested it first in piece a Wood it did not came out like the one on my BSB ..maybe a mesured wrong...so i took a template from my guitar a did the work..Following the instructions and using a Flat bladed drill bits,.. I think it looks pretty well and acurate.

For the sound Clip..here is
http://mipagina.cantv.net/jimenezr/sample1.mp3

Something, i think, it should sound familiar to you

Please judge the sound, not the guitar player :oops:

cheers

#8 ·
darren wilson said:
That sounds surprisingly good! Very cool idea!
thanks..I´m glad you like it..

The idea is to have a guitar that have the classical sound in a "Confortable" way...i don´t know is that is a real word.. but for me the Clasical guitar is too Big!!..my hands are small so i´ve always had trouble playing them.. Now i can practice and learn Classical songs..

The record was with an old Yamaha G100-212 and a very cheap mike..
into my SB live card..

with no efects at all.

#11 ·
dot-dot-dot said:
I have to admit that the idea gave me the heebie-jeebies, but it actually looks pretty darned cool!

Good work!
Thanks.. :D :D :D

Darren Wilson said:
Wow... you recorded that through an electric guitar amp? What kind of pickup have you got in there?
Yes.. The pickup is a Piezo from Belcat with a 5 Band E.Q.

I believe is the model Belcat 9050..here it cost around $100..i guess is cheaper in everywhere else.. Here everything is soooooooo Expensive

cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.