installed an EMG-PA2 in my 7.pictures and sound clips inside - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

installed an EMG-PA2 in my 7.pictures and sound clips inside

so yes, i installed an EMG-PA2 in my 7... for those who don't know what it is, heres a link to it...

http://www.emgpickups.com/displaypro...;catalogid=135

so yeah, i bought this thing for 30 bux... it came with the switch and a new input jack that was wired up, including the wiring for the 9v battery... so i drilled a new hole in the top of my 7 for the switch, and decided since the new jack wouldn't fit in the side of the 7, i'd relocate it to the top of the guitar... i'm gonna be getting a new head for my 18' cable so its a 90 degree angle, so i don't have a dumb cable sticking out the top getting in the way... anyways heres some pics, to show how i did the battery, and the switch... i think i did pretty well on the battery location!

figured itd be much much easier to use the existing hole for the battery, and when i put the cover on it it looks stock... no active electronics here *wink wink*... so on to the sound clip... the first part is a clean setting on my vamp pro, u can definately tell when i flip the switch... the next part is my patch for distortion, but with the gain at 0, so almost no gain from the vamp pro... u can definately tell when the switch kicks in... then the next part is just riffing to try and show it even more... its amazing what this little switch does...

http://premium.uploadit.org/Elysian8...PA2-Sample.mp3

for 30 bux, i think this thing will prove invaluable to me, especially live when i have to solo... and i have a feeling i could overdrive the clean channel now if i wanted to without even touching my tubescreamer... not bad for 30 bux and less than an hour of work! next step on the 7 is a paint job! can you say black and red swirl? oh yeah!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 04:21 PM

I know you're using the cavity for the battery now, but it would be very easy to get a stereo barrel jack(though your Ibanez should've come with one, doean't it have three lugs?) and be able to us the normal jack placement, if you want.

I've been looking at these myself. It's either that or a killswitch in the spot my disabled tone controls take up.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro
I know you're using the cavity for the battery now, but it would be very easy to get a stereo barrel jack(though your Ibanez should've come with one, doean't it have three lugs?) and be able to us the normal jack placement, if you want.

I've been looking at these myself. It's either that or a killswitch in the spot my disabled tone controls take up.
a kill switch would be cool as well... i figured itd be much easier to use EMG's prewired jack than the ibanez one, i wanted to solder as little as possible lol... my soldering iron needs a new tip... and yeah it has one of those stereo ones, i'm gonna just plug it, when i get around to painting the guitar, theres much to be done to it... i think i'm gonna take out the 5 way switch and the neck pickup... lots of work...

Tags
neck pickup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode