Intonation - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

Intonation

I recently bought a new bridge with roller saddles for my Epiphone Les Paul and I was setting up the intonation on it. This is the first time I'd done it but I assumed it would be simple enough.

For most strings it was but when I got to the high E, the saddle was as close to the pick-ups as it could go, yet the note on the 12th fret was still flatter than the harmonic.

What can I do to make the note the same as the harmonic now that the saddle can't move any further forward?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 09:45 PM

Re: Intonation

try going from the tailpiece to the pickup slowly maybe. seems like all the way forward is a little far looking at my gibson.
other than that i havent a clue if you have tryed all the way along the screw then go see someone that knows better than me

could also be that the rollers are wider than the original knife triangle stye ones(you know what i mean there i hope) if this is the case then cause they are wider then they wont allow you to get the position the same ?

Tags
epiphone les paul , les paul

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode