Jem 555 to EVO II - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Jem 555 to EVO II

I need some help.

I have a JEM 555, which I'm happy with. It plays amazing and sounds amazing. It must have a great JEM 555 after seeing what people say about it. The thing is I can't get a JEM 7 because of respecting the decision I took to get this guitar, 4 months ago, though the money I can get in some ways.
I've been reading a lot about the differences and also I've played a JEM 7 and to me its the neck thats really the difference.

I wanted to know if its an idea to get a JEM 7 neck and put it in this guitar. I want to know if I get a neck, will it be a real JEM 7 neck? Where can I get it? If I can get it will it change the setup of the guitar and throw it off balance? If there's anything I missed and you know the answer can you help there too? I really need help, I'm really serious about this, and since this is going to be my guitar for a while I want to have the best neck on it that I can.

Please help. Thanks.

Aman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 07:11 PM

Re: Jem 555 to EVO II

There would be no real point in getting a Jem 7 neck, and I've heard from people that they can cost as much as your 555 due to exclusivity, I wouldn't waste the money.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 07:28 PM

You can't buy a JEM 7 neck without returning the old (bad) one ... which you don't have. And it would cost as much as a used 7V. I don't know what decisions you are "respecting", but this is a good case where you really need to sell your 555 and move up to the 7v. Either that, or look into a custom neck.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 04:36 AM Thread Starter

Also my parents wouldn't let me. Don't you think its a possibility to get a JEM Prestige neck? The point is I can customise this all I want but I can't get a new guitar.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanvai
Also my parents wouldn't let me. Don't you think its a possibility to get a JEM Prestige neck? The point is I can customise this all I want but I can't get a new guitar.
you'd be Better off getting a custom neck made to your personal likings..
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 01:22 PM

Reviews: 34

To be honest it would be cheaper to sell that guitar and buy a jem 7 rather than have a neck made.

I appreciate that you cant do that, so it would be your only option to have one made.

good luck.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 05:27 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all your help. Not the best situation to be in. Then I should ask is it better to leave the guitar as is?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanvai
Thanks for all your help. Not the best situation to be in. Then I should ask is it better to leave the guitar as is?
I think so, cause aparrantly, from what these guys say, it would be a big hassle, and lots of money would be involved.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Ok, I think I'm just going to ask the guy to improve my neck and finish it better and jsut make it smoother and fix what he can. I think I'm also probably getting a sustainer in the guitar, and after some adjustments the neck is a lot better. Its actually quite close to the JEM 7. Maybe I got a particularly amazing piece.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 08:55 AM

Yea just leave it as it is, we wouldnt want it to turn up on e bay pretending to be a real 7v

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode