JEM BSB Setup problems? - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 05:48 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
JEM BSB Setup problems?

I am having trouble setting up my BSB. The string height is too high all along the neck and I have lowered the trem to it lowest level which sorts out the string height but unfortunately causes the trem to not work properly. Everything is set up as it should be but I have no idea how to lower the strings.
Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 06:57 AM
Banned

Re: JEM BSB Setup problems?

sorry to be nosey but did you buy your bsb off ****,from a guy in cramlington (north east)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1

I don't think so. I've had it for over a year now but only really got around to setting it up properly. The trem has always had the problem of being set low and it was when I started to raise it that it is working fine now but the strings are just too high. Are you thinking of the JEM 90th? Can I ask what was wrong with the other one on ****?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 07:28 AM
Banned

ah its nothing to worry about ant.there was a 7bsb on **** last week,and the guy was going to swap for my peavey hp special,but didnt get back to me,i just thought you might av bought it.think you better take your bsb to be set up by a pro,if you have ajusted the trem and the strings are still to high sounds like a neck problem ???.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 11:23 AM

neck shim, that should solve all the problems, read the tech section in ibanez rules, the link is in a banner at the top
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Banned

there ya go jobs a gudun

Tags
jem bsb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode