Jet King 2 replacement. - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Jet King 2 replacement.

Hello all.

I have a 2004 JTK2 , the one with one piece neck and 2 Super 58s.

I had been trouble setting it up, took it 3 times to luthiers to no avail until the 4th found out the neck was twisted. Can't think of a reason why the other hadn't seen it.

Well, the issue is that this JTK neck is almost exclusive to this model which also have the easy access joint, without a backplate.

Scale length is 648mm/ 25˝" and radius is 305mmR/ 12".

Has anyone ever replaced the neck of a JTK with one from another non-JTK model ?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldout View Post
Hello all.

I have a 2004 JTK2 , the one with one piece neck and 2 Super 58s.

I had been trouble setting it up, took it 3 times to luthiers to no avail until the 4th found out the neck was twisted. Can't think of a reason why the other hadn't seen it.

Well, the issue is that this JTK neck is almost exclusive to this model which also have the easy access joint, without a backplate.

Scale length is 648mm/ 25˝" and radius is 305mmR/ 12".

Has anyone ever replaced the neck of a JTK with one from another non-JTK model ?

Thanks
It probably has the same bolt pattern as the RG & Sabre. Maybe try to find a cheap RG neck on eBay. I've replaced RG necks like this, sometimes shimming is required.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2018, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Re: Jet King 2 replacement.

Hello.

I'll try an RG550 neck that's been offered to me. Thanks a lot.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldout View Post
Hello.

I'll try an RG550 neck that's been offered to me. Thanks a lot.
If the screw holes are a little bit off, don't force it. There's a brass insert kit that works great for such projects.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2018, 08:35 PM

so the issue you are going to run in to is that the 550 neck is 25.5 inch scale with 24 frets and very little overhang on the neck versus yours jet king which is only 22 frets with no overhang. The 550 neck probably won't match up scale wise. Your better bet is going to be using an s or sa neck, something that is 25.5 inch scale 22 frets.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2018, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot

Tags
jet king neck jtk2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode