Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Knife Edge Question

810 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  JsXLine6 
#1 ·
I went through the tech section regarding setting up the action and aware of the locking nut concept. I have a Jem BFP 2015

I am noticing that the bottom knife edge is way longer than the top, and I can adjust the height fine when it comes to the bottom tremolo but not the top. Is it because the difference in the knife edge? Is there an issue with my guitar/

;^

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It is difficult to diagnose what is happening without seeing the guitar in person. From the pic you have provided, the treble post seems to be moved towards the neck making the base plate sit non parallel to the cavity routing and the trem to close to the corner of the routing. And that is why the trem knife seems to be longer. But it could be probably an effect to my eye due to the pic angulation and the position of the string saddles due to the intonation pattern.

That guitar is made out of a soft wood (basswood) and the stud insert may have moved into the wood oblonging it. Also the neck relief, neck alingment, twisting, need of shimming, nut height and fret dressing could afect your string height.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.