Lo Pro Edge into Ibanez S370 Body? - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2004, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Lo Pro Edge into Ibanez S370 Body?

Does anyone know if you can fit the Lo Pro Edge trem into an S370 body - the body originally had a Lo TRS II installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 01:25 AM

You can with some mods it's eaiser to put in an original floyd that's what i'm lpanning on doing to my S371QS and no mods so the jobs a lot easier
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 03:28 AM Thread Starter

Is that the same for an S470 too, or is that different?
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 09:05 AM

Same thing with the (older) S470, as those have the TRS.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 11:56 AM

Click the LGM guitars banner at the top. Jeremy does the TRS to Edge route for 25$. Then just snag a lo pro from rich. (Click the Ibanez Rules banner for rich's site.)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

The reason I ask is that lots of people say you can't but I have checked ALL the dimensions, and it looks like it shouldn't be a problem at all. Am I missing something here?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 01:23 PM

To retrofit an Edge/LoPro in a TRS/OFR guitar:

The Edge/LoProEdge will not directly swap into your Ibanez (or other guitar) with a TRS/TRS-II/OFR. A few modifications will typically be required

Tremolo Routing Changes - You will need to increase the length of the cavity (in front of the posts and behind the fine tuners), you might have to widen the cavity and you will have to rout the cavity deeper for full pull-up.

Tremolo Posts - All these locking trems have the same post-to-post measurements. However, the Edge equipped guitars have body anchors that accept the Edge posts which use a set-screw to further stabilize the post to the body anchor. This is a major improvement and something the TRS/OFR guitars lack. It keeps the post from wobbling or moving in the body anchor. The Edge posts do not fit the TRS body anchors. In order to install the improved Edge posts in your TRS equipped guitar, the TRS body anchors will have to be REMOVED (drilled out typically) and replaced with the Edge anchors (glued into the body) before you can use the Edge post with locking set screw.

Best Choice Option - If you have a TRS/TRS-II equipped Ibanez guitar, you can install the Floyd Rose Original/Pro without any modifications to your guitar. That is the easiest and best alternate.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 01:57 PM

Although, I'm thinking that they may not route the TRS cavities uniformly, as I've heard one or two people on the board here say they were able to do it with no routing.

The Edge Pro/Edge Pro II should be a different story, however, as I believe the trem studs fall at diffrent places, and you'll SERIOUSLY throw off the intonation.

-D

Tags
edge trem , equipped guitar , floyd rose , lgm guitars , locking trems , pro edge , pro edge trem , trem studs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode