Lo pro edge intonation tool in Europe - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

Lo pro edge intonation tool in Europe

Hi there! Anybody knows if there's still any place in Europe where i can get the Lo-Pro Edge intonation tool? My Universe is pissing me off - too many strings too little pacience for the traditional method..

BTW anybody else has big intonation problems with temperature shifts? Since it's getting colder (winter) i'm adjusting intonation almost every two or three weeks... irritating..

If there's none in Europe, i'll have to import from Rich eh eh

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 11:26 AM

Re: Lo pro edge intonation tool in Europe

None that I know of. And the tool is just as annoying as the normal method. It even takes more time to use it, actually. I've read on Rich's site that changing the angle of the trem is a better idea. You want to set the right intonation on a floating trem only once...especially with 7 saddles. Maybe I'll check my UV in January...it needs new strings anyway.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

I thought the intonation tool helped bypass the part where you have to detune the string to unscrew the saddle and move it, by exerting strenght on the saddle and allowing the adjustmente to be made with the tool's screw? right? I always thought that would be time saving, is it not? I've never actually seen one such tool live, but from photos looks like that's what it does.

And that angle trem changing to adjust intonation... guess i'll try that, maybe it's enough to compensate for temperature diferences.. but i dunno, will see

Thanks for the reply
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 12:24 PM
Vendor

There is no trem angle adjustment for intonation, and the tool is nothing but easy
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
There is no trem angle adjustment for intonation, and the tool is nothing but easy
Lol i figured as much, but still went around your site looking for something about that wich i might have missed (i figured since the string lenght does change by a VERY small amount by changing the angle of the trem (trignometry 101 lol) it might be enough to compensate for a small intonation variation even tough i never heard of it)... glad it actually isn't possible or the last ten years of my life would have been a real sad waste

I'll go and check the tool prices on your site
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 07:18 AM

Now I wonder where I got that idea. I don't think I've ever actually used it myself lol. I have the sudden feeling my 7VWH wants a check-up...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 04:46 AM

I had the same problem, called Serlui (dutch distributor) but none are available, what you can try is calmp the trem arm to the body, slackening most strings to the point where you can kinda move them, but it is not ideal.

Another trick would be the trem off strings on trick check it out on Rich's site or http://www.magnusolsson.com/index2.htm I like the last one just a bit better, since Magnus takes the springs off on the body side. This saves you the trouble of detuning and retuning, but I wouldn't recommend it for just one string, if all seven strings need adjusting, I amy be a solution.

Also be careful to check the nek bow and trem angle before you take the trem off, you may still be able to adjust a bit in those areas.

Anyway this is what I did:

Tags
edge intonation tool , intonation tool , pro edge , trem arm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode