Lo Pro Edge issue ? - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Lo Pro Edge issue ?

Hi guys,

A long time without posting here, I come back for help.

So I'm not a big trem user. I generaly put the trem arm on the guitar one time a year to simply have small tremolo effect, nothing insane...
But recently I did some barbaric playing and use the trem to do some Steve Vai things.
So I did discover something.
When I push the trem at maximum position, the strings become overcooked spaghetti, which is expected.

But the D string still have a lot of tension on it...???

Pitch returns perfectly after pushing or pulling.
Trem is at a correct angle.
Intonation is set up up correctly.
Movment seems smooth.

What is this weird D string issue ?

Thx in advance

Last edited by Heep; 08-31-2017 at 08:33 AM. Reason: thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 08:36 AM

Re: Lo Pro Edge issue ?

That is normal.
Your bridge is fine.
Image line from tremolo post to post. Further the end of string is from line, more play or travel it has in using tremolo. So 3rd and 6th string will change pitch more then 1st and 4th. Just look at sadle positions. Try to find some tabs for favorite 80's song and you will see that mostly 3rd and 2nd string are used for harmonics.
On every Floyd type tremolo high e will change pitch less then any other string, simply because it is the closest to posts.
Stainberger trans trem move all 6 strings in same pitch, and you can even lock it in different tuning.

Last edited by peromucho7; 08-31-2017 at 08:46 AM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peromucho7 View Post
That is normal.
LoPro Edge does not transpose all strings by same amount,
like Steinberger's TransTrem.
At this amount ? I mean the D is still playable when all the others are just...overcooked spaghetti out of the fretboard.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 08:47 AM

You notice the real difference in tension between all the different strings when you dive-bomb a whammy. You can tell which ones are exerting more of a pull on the guitar.

I seem to recall a discussion/argument on here many many moons ago round about the time I joined regarding this subject. One poster was advocating a balanced-tension string set, i.e. changing the individual string guages in order to achieve a better balance, unfortunately whilst an interesting subject the thread descended into a bit of a farce due to the OP being a bit arrogant and telling everybody "you are all wrong", against which everybody reacted...

'87
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Sorry for my bad englush.

I think I understand the geometry of the saddles position but that is exactly why I find this more weird.

The D saddle has more amplitude movment than the E one and the B one because it is a bit at the back.
The pitch is also (obviously) a lot higher on these two strings than the D.
So why higher pitched string with a less saddle movment becomes an overcooked spaghetto when a lower pitched string with a more saddle movment does not ?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 03:22 AM

I don't believe that your high E can be totally slacked like spaghetti, I never saw that before.
Usually, High E and D have less change in pitch and tension, and low E and G have most change in pitch and tension.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 03:48 AM

Its because all the strings have different tension in them, that's why some are easier to bend than others, and why when you dip the whammy bar some flop like spaghetti as you say whereas others will remain fairly taut.

Nothing to worry about - it's normal

'87

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode