Lo Pro into Edge Pro cavity - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Lo Pro into Edge Pro cavity

I just bought a Jem 7VSBL recently for just over 900. Needed a good service, but she is fine apart from 2 dents. It has a one piece maple neck and the Lo Pro bridge. I also have a Jem7VWH with the Edge Pro and 5 piece neck. I do prefer the feel of the Lo Pro though.

This question was probably asked many times before. Can i switch the Edge Pro in the Jem7VWH for a Lo Pro with a modification, as they both look similar in demensions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 09:49 AM

Re: Lo Pro into Edge Pro cavity

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenw5094 View Post
Can i switch the Edge Pro in the Jem7VWH for a Lo Pro with a modification...
with routing mods, yes. you'll have to enlarge the cavity right behind the "wings" of the trem baseplate, as they would knock the wood, as seen below:

anyway, this belongs HERE.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno View Post
with routing mods, yes. you'll have to enlarge the cavity right behind the "wings" of the trem baseplate, as they would knock the wood, as seen below:

anyway, this belongs HERE.
Thanks for the pic. Are the posts in the right spot for the Edge Pro too?

Sorry guys, it was a Jem i have , so i put it in there. I am sure the mods will move it to the right place.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 10:45 AM

moved
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the pic. Are the posts in the right spot for the Edge Pro too?
yes, see here:

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 09:14 PM

let it be known that the block is also further forward and wood needs to be removed to allow for decent pullbacks. Only other thing
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lespaulsrock View Post
let it be known that the block is also further forward and wood needs to be removed to allow for decent pullbacks. Only other thing
I just got a 2003 Jem 7VWH today with the ebony fretboard and one piece maple neck.
But there is the Edge Pro on it which i can't like.....ever.

This guitar feels great and i would get the mod done one the body to fit a Lo Pro.
What exactly has to be done to it. 2 things were mentioned, but i don't want to mess up the guitar, as it is sweet. Or any links to a good site that will show the work.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
i don't want to mess up he guitar
Removal of some wood is required, so I assume by the above statement that this mod will not be an option for you. Certainly, the body could be routed and then repainted professionally and be as good as new, but this will not be cheap.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohns74 View Post
Removal of some wood is required, so I assume by the above statement that this mod will not be an option for you. Certainly, the body could be routed and then repainted professionally and be as good as new, but this will not be cheap.
Wouldn't mind that too much. I mean when i don't want to mess it up....not to permanently mess it up. Obviously routing some wood is needed, but how much and where exactly is the route the body?

Thanks for the response. Is there a website that shows with diagrams?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012, 10:33 AM

Hope Im not hijacking a thread. If I am Im sorry,not too sure what hijacking a thread really means actually.
Im just wondering...........I too am wanting to get a Lo Pro installed to replace an Edge 3 And know wood will have to0 come out behind the tail & a small bit along the side wings ....but what Im wondering is...If I keep the post the same (just gona upgrade to OFR posts same size) Will it interefer with my intonation where I cant adjust it correctly? Not sure how big a difference there is between Edge 3 & Lo pro as far as where the saddles line up.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DECADESSOFAR View Post
Hope Im not hijacking a thread. If I am Im sorry,not too sure what hijacking a thread really means actually.
Im just wondering...........I too am wanting to get a Lo Pro installed to replace an Edge 3 And know wood will have to0 come out behind the tail & a small bit along the side wings ....but what Im wondering is...If I keep the post the same (just gona upgrade to OFR posts same size) Will it interefer with my intonation where I cant adjust it correctly? Not sure how big a difference there is between Edge 3 & Lo pro as far as where the saddles line up.
You haven't 'hijacked' the thread, you've simply 'resurrected' it.

Tags
lo pro edge ibanez jem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode