LO TRS II nail polish - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2003, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

LO TRS II nail polish

In the tech/setup section of this site, a mod suggests using nail polish http://jemsite.com/tech/t_3other.htm#lotrsarm to improve the performance of the trem. has anyone done that and if so how does it work out? and also how would you remove the nail polish if it makes the trem worse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2003, 06:25 PM

Re: LO TRS II nail polish

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsdimarzio
In the tech/setup section of this site, a mod suggests using nail polish http://jemsite.com/tech/t_3other.htm#lotrsarm to improve the performance of the trem. has anyone done that and if so how does it work out? and also how would you remove the nail polish if it makes the trem worse?
Nail polish remover can be used if it makes the trem worse . Just be careful with it, and no it cant really make it worse, but I most add this is just a temporary fix, and it may be better to looke for the bar attachment from an edge tremolo system if you continue to use the trs
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2003, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

i thought about nail polish remover too..but i was wondering if it would be corrisive to the metal
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2003, 08:37 PM

That tip suggests putting nail polish on the end of the arm. I put the clear nail polish on the threads & tighten the collar till the arm is at the desired tension, then let it dry. This works on OFR's as well.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2003, 11:50 PM

Re: LO TRS II nail polish

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperfrommars1
Quote:
Originally Posted by prsdimarzio
Nail polish remover can be used if it makes the trem worse . Just be careful with it, and no it cant really make it worse, but I most add this is just a temporary fix, and it may be better to looke for the bar attachment from an edge tremolo system if you continue to use the trs
About how much does the bar attachment from an Edge Trem cost? Also, can i just switch out the bars if i buy the edge one? Cause from what ive seen the edge bars dont have a screw in system.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 05:48 AM
dex

Forget the nail polish or the EDGE arm, just head to the kitchen and with and exacto knife cut yourself a little cube of washing up sponge (preferably unused) measuring 1/4".
Now stuff that all the way down the arm holder, insert the arm and screw the collar.
Flutter away.

Last edited by dex; 04-23-2015 at 05:46 PM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex
Forget the nail polish or the EDGE arm, just head to the kitchen and with and exacto knife cut yourself a little cube of washing up sponge (preferably unused) measuring 1/4".
Now stuff that all the way down the arm holder, insert the arm and screw the collar.
Flutter away.

ilia
Did you really do that? And did it work? And also, would it be difficult to get it out if it didnt work?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 08:52 PM
dex

On more guitars than I care to remember and rigth now I have 2 Schaller FRII trems with sponge stuffed down the arm holder.
Very easy to get out with a small screwdriver but once you try that you won't ever be getting it out.

ilia
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex
On more guitars than I care to remember and rigth now I have 2 Schaller FRII trems with sponge stuffed down the arm holder.
Very easy to get out with a small screwdriver but once you try that you won't ever be getting it out.

ilia
All right ill give that a go. And just wondering, does the trem bar from Lo Pro edge fit the Lo TRS II?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff
...does the trem bar from Lo Pro edge fit the Lo TRS II?
i dont know if their diameters match, but the Edge arm is a snap-in bar, while the TRS is a screw-in bar.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 03:10 AM

This is all very interesting - I have a TRS in my '94 RG470 and it has a push in bar, exactly the same as the Edge....

The bar is plain, with just the two nylon collars on it and the trem block has the adjustment nut attached to it where the trem bar pushes in.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 04:05 AM
dex

Well that's because whoever owned the guitar before you must have changed the arm holder to an EDGE arm holder.

ilia

Tags
arm holder , edge trem , edge tremolo system , pro edge , trem block , tremolo system

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode