lopro edge not working with me - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2004, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

lopro edge not working with me

I just restrung my UV777. I stayed true with the methods I've known: one string at a time..tune to neighboring string....stretch...retune...stretch and retune...lather rinse repeat. But the problem I'm experiencing is that my bridge doesn't seem to want to set like it did when I first got it (twas set up at the shop) and the bridge angle clearly isn't like it is in the 'bridge floating tremolo angle" article. It's definetly raised above the neutral point. I did try tightening and loosening the claw screws but that seems to change nothing if anything. Getting confused so I don't want to do anymore untill I have som guidence. I know it's not right because the bar, when faced towards the headstock, manages to bump into the selector switch when put in to neck position.

Help!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2004, 11:26 PM
Vendor

Turn both claw springs a half turn in. Retune. Recheck angle. Rinse, Repeat. [1/4 turn is a large amount for a claw adjustment and the strings will definately feel it.]

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/angle.htm
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2004, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Rich!!

realizing that I put a set of 10s on my UV (when I bought the UV, I bought an extra set of strings and they didn't have 9s). So, I jacked another tension spring from my decomissioned S540 and that helped a great deal. I thinnk the trem level is now more into the body cavity but I'm okay with that. I'm sure a professional set up will help, but at long as it plays n' stays, i'm good.

Thanks again
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2004, 12:48 AM
Vendor

It only takes a little knowledge and a little time to do everything yourself
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2004, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Rich, This strikes me as possibly one of the most obvious yet invaluble piece'sof advice i have ever read or heard

xaos, Glad it's all working well again, Keep up the 7 string thrashing

Rob
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2004, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Agreed. Been so long before I did an maintaining on my own axe and I feel kind of funny working on this one. It's as if I driven a 73 mustang forever and just got the 2005 Ford GT. I was wondering if aquiring some broken in springs will not only help raise the trem level but allow the claw adjustment screws to actually effect the the trem as well. Adjusting them the other night didn't seem to effect the physical appearence of the trem, only the audible change of the trings going up or down a 1/2 step or so.

Tags
bridge angle , claw screws , floating tremolo , neck position , tremolo angle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode