Low pro drop in to OF route and Studs? - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 7
Low pro drop in to OF route and Studs?

Hey Guys..

If I have a Fender or some guitar with original floyd rose and studs and I wanted to use my Low pro Edge, will it drop in? I mean if I took out the studs of the Fender and wanted to install the Edge Low pro, will the existing routes and stud distance on Fender work, etc, or would I have to get another OFR?
I just think it would be cool to have a Low pro on Fender guitar ..
Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 01:04 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: Low pro drop in to OF route and Studs?

I think the stud spacing will work (both should be 74mm), but I doubt the route will accommodate the LP. Fortunately the amount of work it would take to fit it is minimal.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 05:51 PM

Reviews: 120

Yeah, stud spacing should be good, but the route will be too small. Add to that the radius issues. The Edge/Lo Pros have their saddles set to match the Ibanez necks, you'll have to shim the saddles to match the Fender fretboard radius.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
Yeah, stud spacing should be good, but the route will be too small. Add to that the radius issues. The Edge/Lo Pros have their saddles set to match the Ibanez necks, you'll have to shim the saddles to match the Fender fretboard radius.
Good point, he could get an old school square heel wiz/wizII to make that work better.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 06:31 PM

Reviews: 120

I think at the end of the day the best bet for him is to buy a Gotoh Floyd Rose, based on price/quality. Saves buying a Lo-Pro and potentially another neck. The Gotoh's are brilliant!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
I think at the end of the day the best bet for him is to buy a Gotoh Floyd Rose, based on price/quality. Saves buying a Lo-Pro and potentially another neck. The Gotoh's are brilliant!
Agreed, but it would be cool to see an LP in a strat. Then show it off to all the strat guys.....LOL
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 7

Thanks guys.
It's funny you mentioned the Gotoh Floyd. I had one in a cool Japanese Washburn I had a long time ago my ex wife bought for me. It had Dimarzio's, etc, and was really cool, but it had a terrible trem. The tech at the now defunct music store recommended the Gotoh, and I remember it was kinda expensive compared to the others, but it worked great. That thing It stayed in tune. That guitar was cool. It was a guitar like the one Quiet Riot's guitarists used back in the day when I saw them on tour support the song / Album "Cum on feel the noise", etc,. The guitar was kinda a Z looking thing, but it rocked. It had Dimarzio super distortions in the bridge and neck if memory serves me and then with the Gotoh, it was a machine. I sold it or traded it, but wish I'd kept it..
I think the gotoh is a way to go.. Thanks guys..
Tim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode