neck or bridge for this pup... - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

neck or bridge for this pup...

Got a tonezone lying around and i was wondering if i should put it in my S-series. the thing is i have a evolution in the bridge and a powersound in the neck, and of course the neck pup HAS to go.

I have the choice between the tonezone or an unidentified duncan humbucker which used to sit in the neck of Lag the beast guitar...

waddya think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 08:44 PM

Re: neck or bridge for this pup...

If you like how the EVO sounds in the bridge, then throw the Tone Zone in the neck. It couldn't hurt and I've heard a few people on this forum swear by it.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 08:51 PM

Re: neck or bridge for this pup...

I have used a dual Tonezone setup in a H-H S520EX before. I don't know how the TZ in neck will balance with the Evo bridge in terms of tone. The TZ will balance output definately, thought it might be a tad too powerful. Not a biggie.

A TZ in the neck of an S series turns the neck position tone into something like a Les Paul's neck tone... uber thick, fat and creamy! Its insane. You can flip it around for a more trebly, slightly thinner tone but its not as neck-ish as a neck pup should sound.

So yeah, because an Evo is trebly and kind of harsh sounding, you'll have a very contrasting neck pup tone... would you like that? If you do then go ahead.

Oh yeah, a TZ in the bridge of an S series works nice. No mud just chug.

Tags
evo bridge , les paul , neck position , neck pup , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode