Need advice on complete set up - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Need advice on complete set up

I bought a new Ibanez RG570 and want to learn how to set it up myself. *Intonation, action, etc. *I had a "professional set up" and I wasn't really happy with the results. *The action seems just a little too low and causes some fret buzz and the set up leaves the bridge angled too far forward. *Is there a good book that'll walk me through it (it has a Floyd Rose Edge floating trem). *Also, is this a good idea to attempt myself? *I'd hate to screw it up. *Thanks for the advice. *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 10:37 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

I encourage anyone to do the setup yourself. It provides a good learning experience. I can't recommend a "book" but there is a writeup on jemsite --> Guitars --> Tech Setup area. I'd start there... glen
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 11:20 PM

The Jemsite Tech Setup section is a great start--I've set many guitars up using that as a guide and haven't been let down yet.

Doing a setup is a great learning experience... you can't really break anything beyond repair, so experiment until you find the setup that works best for you.

--Brent

PS--That being said, don't do anything like torque the head of a trem post off.

Tags
bridge angle , floyd rose , fret buzz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode