New Edge Tremolo Springs? - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

New Edge Tremolo Springs?

There are two different Teflon coated springs on the Ibanez site:
http://www.ibanez.com/eu/products/ac...olospring.html

Are they new or did i miss something?
They seem to be shortly available.
Not much info found other than they are Teflon coated to reduce friction for smoother action and seem to come in two different tensions.

I am always open to changes and improvements. I really like the carbon trem arm as an option to the original but other than that there have not been too much improvements to Ibanez tremolos that worked for me since the Edge Tremolo itself.

22,-Euros for three springs, what do you guys think?

J.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 09:54 PM

Re: New Edge Tremolo Springs?

I have the same question. I have to change the springs of a Lo-Pro Edge that are over-extended, and I don’t know which one to choose.

And what about the 3rd option: 2ST2C3? Maybe cheaper because it's not teflon coated?

http://shop.ibanez.com/p/2st2c3-trem...ng-edge-lo-pro

It would be interesting to know if the tension of the 3 options is different
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 04:47 AM

Reviews: 6

I don't know what could be the difference or w/ and w/o teflon. I use the Thomann standard springs (<3€ per spring)
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 05:03 PM

FU-tone are a well known manufacturer of all things Floyd, they do noiseless springs that are $15.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingfloid View Post
I have the same question. I have to change the springs of a Lo-Pro Edge that are over-extended, and I donít know which one to choose.

And what about the 3rd option: 2ST2C3? Maybe cheaper because it's not teflon coated?

http://shop.ibanez.com/p/2st2c3-trem...ng-edge-lo-pro

It would be interesting to know if the tension of the 3 options is different
Go with the 2ST2C3 ones these are the silver 52mm springs that came with
the trem originally, the ESPR1003 are teflon 52mm and don't seem to different from the silver ones and the ESPR2003 are 47mm teflon high tension for heavier gauge strings.

Tags
espr1003 , espr2003 , original edge , teflon , tremolo springs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode