New Ibanez S320 with ZR bridge - Page 3 - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Re: New Ibanez S320 with ZR bridge

Manchester UK here, like I said theres a guy at the other side of town that seems to know a heck of alot judging by his site, so Im sure he'd know how to get it perfect or if somethings wrong. With the cost though(£45) Id rather sneak in some new pickups along with it, hopefully he wont charge extra lol(I know thats how he makes a living but... this guitar is turning out to be pretty expensive, despite the good price I got on it initially).

Btw I checked out the bare knuckles pickups forum and I can see/hear theres something different about them, great tone and versatile too in the cases I saw... but pretty darn expensive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 01:30 PM

Reviews: 2
Lightbulb Re: New Ibanez S320 with ZR bridge

I buy the same guitar this weekend. I play only on clean.

I plan to install a DiMarzio PAF Joe in the neck and a DiMarzio Evolution in the bridge. Also I put 11's and I will tune it one step down and do the whole setup stuff. Maybe I will try also DiMarzio Air Norton in the neck and DiMarzio Tone Zone in the bridge. I want tons of sustain and a fat warm tone. Also I hate the mudy and dark tones and the thin tones too.

I'm curious to see how it works. Duncan Seymour Alnico Pro should be a option too. Duncan Seymour are more expensive than Dimarzio's and this is why Duncan Seymours are the third option. First will be PAF Joe and Evolution from DiMarzio because I like a lot Satriani and Vai. They are my favorites but I also like Slash and Garry Moore and Jimmy Page.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 05:46 AM
edb

Re: New Ibanez S320 with ZR bridge

can some s320 users post a pic of the guitar neck down near 18 - 22 fret . i am noticing a bend at the 18th up to the 22nd fret seems its 1/2 mm to high . wondering if its design or defect . but i cant bet my action below 2mm with any adjustment.
post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 09:50 AM

Smile Re: New Ibanez S320 with ZR bridge

I own the same guitar. I tuned it 1.5 steps down and put 11's.

It sounds perfect. This month I will put Humbucker From Hell in the neck and Evolution in the bridge. I think about using 12's with 2.5 steps down. The sustain always goes higher when using thicker strings with more detuning. And the sound... oh the sound... it is all so gorgeous that I play only clean. I need no more effects.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 01:00 PM

Talking Re: New Ibanez S320 with ZR bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by edb View Post
can some s320 users post a pic of the guitar neck down near 18 - 22 fret . i am noticing a bend at the 18th up to the 22nd fret seems its 1/2 mm to high . wondering if its design or defect . but i cant bet my action below 2mm with any adjustment.
That is a defect. It's not the design. I can't post pics cause my bro is gone in Italy and he was the one who had a camera. When he comes home I'll make some. (I never buy cameras. When I have money I buy something for my guitar.)

Tags
bare knuckle pickups , bogner uberschall , bridge angle , coil tap , dimarzio super distortion , duncan distortion , duncan pickups , floyd rose , floyd rose trem , gain knob , guitar shop , ibanez guitars , local guitar shop , locking nut , low strings , seymour duncan , solid state amp , super distortion , truss rod , tube amp , vox valvetronix

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode