now...now heres a weird tuneing problem i fixed (took 2 hours...) - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Talking now...now heres a weird tuneing problem i fixed (took 2 hours...)

Ive been having this problem with my js 1200 guitar (edge pro bridge) and for years i thought it was my bridge ive done everything too it you name it i cleaned the knife edges saddles even i had one problem here i installed a manual spring (cut a peice of spring) into where the fine tuners go up and down cause i thought maybe my high e was causing the problem but nope... nothing yet! So then next i decide to do something totally different i wouldn't even think about i knew that my string tree has been having alot of burrs and small cuts in it even with the locking nut it wouldn't stop it so i decided today to take it off then just do my usually bend around the 3rd fret... and guess what it stopped going flat on me! i went downstairs and put some epoxy on the part where the string sits i installed it just today and bam! no more tuning problems! now i just gotta see how long it lasts and if its only a few days just got to order some string trees for my Floyd! im quite amazed cause this guitar would not stay in tune at all (08 model i think)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 08:28 AM

Re: now...now heres a weird tuneing problem i fixed (took 2 hours...)

That's weird. I wouldn't expect anything behind the locking nut to effect anything after its clamped.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 09:36 AM
Banned

^^^ I agree, lacking a string retainer might result to tuning problems while tightening the nut bolts, but cannot explain the OP's issues. Maybe the nut's threads are stripped ? And what the OP has done is remedy the symptoms and not the cause ?
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

it was really odd man.. i mean this guitar was always going horribly and i mean HORRIBLY out of tune within like 5 minutes! string detuneing themselves like crazy esp the high e.. im glad its sorted now wow!

Tags
tuneingproblem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode