Original edge angle Edge - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Original edge angle Edge

Hello all, while I have no problem with setup of my ORF, I am not sure with Original Edge Angle. I think I should still tighten the spring claws a little bit for lowering the angle on my guitar. What is your opinion. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 10:01 AM

Re: Original edge angle Edge

the little rectangle plate that you can see on the outside edge of the baseplate should be parallel with the body.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMatt142 View Post
the little rectangle plate that you can see on the outside edge of the baseplate should be parallel with the body.
this is the correct answer

I can't make out the angle 100% clearly even when clicking on the thumbnail but it looks just about right to me.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMatt142 View Post
Hello thanks for the quick reply, well should not be it rather parallel to the upper side of studs, which are holding trem-blades? And by the rectangle, do you mean the part, which holds little cube that locks the spring inside,right? I am asking, because feeling that body is not perfectly straight and it is hard for me to be 100% sure.

From the photo I see that it should be tightened a bit as I mentioned, but I am confused by the studs or screwes which are locking the block,because they start to fall into the guitar body in normal position. ĘThis is something "weird-feeling" comparing to my ORF.

I am sure somepeople has the feeling when they see good or bad angled tremolo from their experience, that is why I amasking here, because I could not find any info regarding Original Edge, while it is possible same as Edge Pro.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 10:52 AM

No, the original edge will be the same as a lo-pro trem. The little rectangle I am referring to is part of the knife edge that you can see from the outside of the baseplate. Edge pros are simple in that you just keep the top of the baseplate level with the body of the guitar.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

You got it right!

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 11:57 PM

On all floating trems, you want the knife edge parallel to the stud. On the Edge family of trems, you can actually see the inserted knife from the side.

Tags
edge original angle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode