original edge saddle heights - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

original edge saddle heights

I need your help brothers..

i removed the parts of my guitar's edge trem for cleaning purposes. I also removed the saddles so that it can also be clean. after cleaning the parts, i restringed and found out that my strings are now unbalanced in terms of string height. My B string is lower than my e string and so on (i hope you get the picture). I remove the saddles again and found out some figures engraved under each saddles. i cant seem to find what saddle should i put to what string.

can you please help me? because i thought that the original edge tremolo's saddles are all proportional in terms of height.

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 03:26 PM

Reviews: 120
Re: original edge saddle heights

I thought all Edge saddles here the same height too. The baseplate is stepped to match the radius. That is odd. Were they all screwed in properly, washers on top, not on the bottom, etc?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
I thought all Edge saddles here the same height too. The baseplate is stepped to match the radius. That is odd. Were they all screwed in properly, washers on top, not on the bottom, etc?
thanks for the reply. The washers are placed correctly. They're on top. I'm really having a hard time setting up my guitar. I'm thinking of shimming the saddles but I guess it would affect the radius. There are engraved figures under the saddles and I have no idea what these figures are.

:-(
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 10:20 PM
Vendor

Are they 16, 25, 34?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Are they 16, 25, 34?
for what I remember there are number and letters.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 11:15 PM
Vendor

Just making sure you didn't mistake an ED3 for an OE.

Those are just mold numbers. The saddles are all the same height barring differences in the molds. Rearange them if need be, otherwise shim to correct radius.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

two saddles stamped 4
two saddles stamped 1
one saddle stamped 2
one saddle stamped 3

these figures are just copied from other forum. I can't recall if these are the same figures stamped under the saddles of my edge trem but the stamps are something like these

Tags
edge , height , saddle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode