Original Edge Tremolo Problem - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Original Edge Tremolo Problem

I'm having a problem with the original edge tremolo on my Rg550. I had it set up professionally, yet after any amount of bending or bar use it goes out of tune. For instance if I do some bending, all of the strings go flat. Or if i pull up on the bar they all go sharp. It seems like the trem just isn't resetting back to normal but I don't really know how to go about correcting this. Just for the record this isn't a string stretching issue, that much i am sure of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 11:07 PM

Re: Original Edge Tremolo Problem

Check Rich's site in the banners, he has a tutorial on how to set up the edge. I would guess up to three different things, check for the studs that pinch the bridge, put some graphite on the knife edges, check the actual knife edges and make sure they are to the correct sharpness, and check your springs as they may have lost some of their stiffness.

Rich's site explains all of the above in great detail.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 12:23 AM

Reviews: 2
Re: Original Edge Tremolo Problem

IIRC, these are the symptoms of a loose locking nut. check the hex head bolts on the back side of the neck.

Tags
edge , in tune , original , tremolo , won't stay

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode