Original Floyd Rose Pro and Ibanez Trems - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2002, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Original Floyd Rose Pro and Ibanez Trems

Hi,
Will Ibanez replacement parts work on my Floyd Rose Pro. I have an old Kramer Proaxe which has the original Floyd Rose Pro tremolo. I beleive the Lo Pro Edge is based on this trem.

The tremolo arm socket (the receptical that the trem arm goes into) needs to be replaced. Can I use the Lo Pro Edge replacements parts?

Thanks for any info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2002, 10:43 PM

I believe that if you remove the bar holder, you can easily replace it with an Ibanez push-in type bar. Seems like I've heard of guy's doing the swap the other way (Floyd holder into LoPro) so it should work the way you're thinking. However, try at your own risk.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 01:48 AM

I don't think it would fit. I had to do the reverse - Schaller Floyd arm holder into a busted Edge (didn't like it but I couldn't get an Ibanez arm holder at the time) - and the tech who did it had to drill the hole out to make it wider. So I'd guess that an Ibanez arm holder would be too narrow to fit an OFR socket.

It's a shame, because if you could drop the push-in arm holder into any FR-licensed trem, I'd never have a problem buying any non-Ibanez locking-trem guitar again...
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 01:58 AM

He drilled the hole out? He could've just filed down the threads inside the base-plate hole a little and would've slid right in, worked that way for me on three trems(2 Edge, 1 LoPro7).. Either way, the hole in your Floyd Pro is probably going to be too big for an Edge/LoPro arm.. Never tried it, so I can't be sure, and I sold my Floyd Pro 6 months ago, so I can't check..

You should be able to get a regular Floyd bar assembly easy, F*nder sells them in a blister pack for like $12, I think..
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 03:16 AM

i dont know if it'll fit on a OFR, but i think it wont work properly.
the thing is that the OFR arm-socket works by tighten it to the baseplate, and the Edge/Lo-Pro works also because of the thickness of its baseplate.
the baseplate thickness is the matter that does the difference on the Edge/Lo-Pro.

Tags
arm holder , floyd rose , floyd rose pro , pro arm , pro edge , pro tremolo , trem arm , trem guitar , tremolo arm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode