original TRS lo pro??? - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-07-2004, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

original TRS lo pro???

just how good is this one? i have a MIJ 470 i got real good deal on and already put dimarzio's in it, but i am concerned about this bridge?
it is the TRS lo pro not the TRS II. and all my other ibanez's have a edge which i know is superior to the TRS
but in itself is the TRS lo pro any good at all or should a put a OFR on this one RG? i heard the OFR is a retrofit for this trem?
BTW sorry to ask so many questions about this one 470 but unlike the 500 and up series RG's these need some mods
i would not have eevn bought it if it were not for the $150 price tag!
it was a new leftover at Guitar center
here is the guitar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-07-2004, 11:17 PM

I wouldn't bother swapping out this trem for an OFR. I have both bridges in RG's, and the performance is very similar. I have been a supporter of the TRS for years, telling people to be careful not to confuse the TRS with the TRS-II.

The TRS-II is the bridge that most people have had problems with.

If the guitar is set up properly, there is no reason the TRS trem on the 470 can't perform just as well as an OFR. Enjoy.

Cheers,
Butch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode