Pickup hw for JEM77FP - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Pickup hw for JEM77FP

I have an 88' Jem77FP. About 10 years ago I had a local shop work on it and my original mounting screws, nuts, springs for the PU's were replaced with junk. I did not find out until recently when my reliable guitar guy informed me and showed me the crappy flat-head wood screws. Where can I get a set of replacements?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 09:00 PM
Vendor

Re: Pickup hw for JEM77FP

Guard mount humbucker screws were flathead in 1988.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Glad you said that. It all makes sense now. No wonder I have ghetto wood screws. My original pick guard was trashed. I purchased a cheap replacement 10 years ago. Wrong one (vol knob hole did not line up). My replacement also does not have holes to mount PU's properly. The local shop used what they had laying around to get things working. So what I need is a real JEM pick guard and all the mounting hw.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 09:29 PM
Vendor

Your replacement guard was probably for direct mount pickups, which would explain the wood screws. And the volume moved in 1990 so only an 88'/89' guard would be correct.

Tags
jem77fp hardware

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode