Popping sound when using Edge 2 Trem. - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

Popping sound when using Edge 2 Trem.

So yesterday I bought an Ibanez RG350ZB with the Edge 2 Tremolo, its a beast of a guitar and doesn't go out of tune.
But probably 10 mins ago I was using it after I turned off my amp and could hear cracking, then I saw this piece of plastic cracked, would it be plausible that this is the cause or is it another issue? and would I be able to replace it?

youtube vid of it making that sound.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48178026_2277948278906367_3901470647267622912_n.jpg (51.0 KB, 23 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 09:00 AM

It's supposed to look like that, the split is there so you can remove the bush easily and replace it, if it weren't split you have to destroy it to remove it and you'd be unable to fit a new one. They wear out.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 03:41 PM

Re: Popping sound when using Edge 2 Trem.

Could it just be the bar that is moving/rocking in the socket?

One downside to that bar design to me is that it one has just the one bushing (The Edge, Low Pro etc. all have two). I fixed my EZ II arm from doing this by wrapping electrical tape around the base before inserting the bar in the socket.

Tags
floating trem problem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode