Prevent SAT 30 Tremolo Saddles to angle sideway - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Prevent SAT 30 Tremolo Saddles to angle sideway

I have an Ibanez SA with an SAT 30 Bridge. Because of the construction of the saddles there is only one screw at the side of the saddle to raise/lower the action.
But because of that all the saddles have a slight angle to the side.

See this picture of the bridge here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/edavsxo43whggk8/IMG_2758.JPG

This looks really awkward. Is it meant to be like this? I have no problems sound wise but I kinda bugs me just to look at it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 04:36 PM

Re: Prevent SAT 30 Tremolo Saddles to angle sideway

short of getting new saddles I can't really see any easy way to fix them. I see what you mean, it would bother me a little.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2017, 02:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.arledge View Post
short of getting new saddles I can't really see any easy way to fix them. I see what you mean, it would bother me a little.
I don't know if there are replacement saddles (who fit!) which have two screws for adjusting the string action.
PLUS - its a piezo bridge. So finding a drop-in replacement for the saddles is quite impossible.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2017, 08:05 AM

I have a daft question to ask, so please forgive me. Is it meant to be like that?

The only reason I ask is that with only one saddle height screw I can't see any way of avoiding this happening. I understand though, it would annoy me!

'87
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2017, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder87 View Post
I have a daft question to ask, so please forgive me. Is it meant to be like that?

The only reason I ask is that with only one saddle height screw I can't see any way of avoiding this happening. I understand though, it would annoy me!

'87
Yeah thats my thought! Maybe this is supposed to work exactly like that. But I've never seen that on any guitar before.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

To clear this up: I went to a music flea market today and there were two Ibanez SA Guitars with that exact tremolo. I checked them. Both of them had the same angle on the saddles. So I can say that this is the way it is supposed to look.

Tags
sat tremolo saddle angle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode