Problem with 03/04 ZR Tremolo - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Problem with 03/04 ZR Tremolo

I recently acquired a 03/04 Ibanez S470DX from 'evilbay' and there is apparently a little problem with the ZR trem. On the 03/04 model ZR tremolo, you're supposed to use an allen wrench to turn some little knob or whatever to adjust the spring tension of the bridge but on my guitar the little knob that you're supposed to turn is missing. Looking down inside the trem, I can see a little spoked wheel-like thing that needs to be turned in order to adjust the tension on the springs but I can't figure out any way to adjust it. I've looked on the Ibanez website and they don't even have a part listed for it so I dunno what I should do. I got the guitar for a good deal and it looks great and will sound great after a pickup swap but I just need to figure out how to adjust the bridge. The guy I got it from didn't seem like he really knew a whole lot about guitars so he was no help.

Jemsite has always been a very helpful website and I'm hoping that it can help me in my time of need here. If anyone knows where I could find some sort of replacement part or if anyone has any ideas about a substitute part I would really appreciate the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Re: Problem with 03/04 ZR Tremolo

Anybody have any ideas?!? I'm desperate for some feedback!!!

Oh hey, it's my thousandth post. Awesome!!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 07:53 PM

I don't have a ZR, but ...

http://www.ibanez.com/support/manual...ige_manual.pdf

You turn the "main spring adjustment screw" in the bottom of the guitar (under the cover). If yours is somehow different, then I have no idea without seeing it.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

The whole point of the post was that I CAN'T turn the main spring adjustment screw because there's no way to reach it on the guitar. I have a manual like that one which says to do that but in the picture there's something that turns the adjustment screw and you turn it with an allen wrench but that thing seems to be missing from my guitar. The problem is that it looks to be something really small and I'm just trying to figure out a way to get in there and turn the thing with it missing.

Tags
allen wrench

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode