Ibanez JEM Forum banner

problem with jsx cabinet...

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  dartvader 
#1 ·
Hi all i just got this freakin awsome jsx cabinet and i also have the head and before this i had a carvin belair and i was just useing the speakers from it to the jsx and it works fine from there but when i use my jsx cab i seem to get this buzzing noise like if the amp is louder than 3 and i go to the neck postion on my guitar i get like buzzing noises... this was a used cab tho so idk what to do really my first real guitar cab i been searching for 3 days some1 said to put a sock on the wood in the back of the cab where the speakers are and im going to try that tommrow lol, i also tried tightening the mounting screws on the speakers and it really didnet help all that much i got this from florida maybe theres some dust or something in the speakers? idk really it was made in 2006 so can anyone help me out would really appreciate it :) oh and the cabs in superb conditon also

#2 ·
well if it is buzz make sure all of your cables are good. Make sure you have a high quality speaker cable and not an instrument cable connecting the head and cab. also make sure that you have your ohm rating matched up.

If it is a rattle or similar sound it may be the cab or speakers. Usually there isn't much that can go wrong with speakers short of being blown or having the cone damaged.

If you can check the amp with another cab, try a different guitar, and even different set of tubes if the problem still persists.

Be systematic about find the problem by eliminating every possible thing you can.

#3 · (Edited)
i have my ohms set at 16 and i baught some new planet waves speaker cables i baught 2 thinking 1 went to 2 speakers lol but actchley u can just use 1 cable and it does all 4 how come theres 2 inputs on the cab and the head? wanted too add soemthing i thinnk it might be the bottom right speakerr maybe doing it is there a way to check eatch speaker withought haveing to take it out or anything like haveing 1 going on insted of 4? just to see if its doing it would i have to solder

#4 ·
hey i think i got it fixed finnaly today i was fooling around with the back of the jsx and i switched up my connections too see if it was a bad conneticon from the outlets to the top speakers and nothing happend then i d/ced the left side once and right side once and it would make it stop working thing i decided to take the end from the top left speaker going to the little box to the bottom speaker on the same side... :D then turned on the amp.. WALA WORKED WOOOTLESS :D YESH 4 speakers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.