Putting fretboard marks on an S320 - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Putting fretboard marks on an S320

Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help me out with some ideas, I love my s320 but the problem is Im still a newbie at playing electric guitar so I really need some marks over the frets to help myself think faster, I was thinking about cutting off some circle shaped pieces from a white paper decal and putting them over the frets but I believe this will only be a temporal solution to my problem since these marks will probably wear out and become loose over some time of playing, any ideas???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 07:36 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: Putting fretboard marks on an S320

Just use the side dots. Even if you had fret markers, eventually you won't need them so by using the side markers, you're just getting there sooner
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 12:13 AM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneboy View Post
Just use the side dots.
+1 Just get used to it
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 05:37 AM

Like the others mentioned, I would just use the side dots. I have guitars with and without markers and dont find them too different to play.

If you still have real trouble keeping things in line, just use a couple small, detacked pieces of masking tape and replace as needed. No point looking for a permanent solution.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 06:47 AM

Or you can use these. They are really good they are perfectly sized so you don't notice them!!

I have them on one of my telecasters and my RG

http://inlaystickers.ocnk.net/

and cheap too.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 07:52 AM

I own 2 guitars that either have no inlays (Ovation Adamas acoustic) or inlays that provide no point of reference (Learn Zombie guitar) and I get by fine on both.

I actually think it's more comfortable to not have to peer over the edge of the fingerboard to look at your fingers.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 11:17 PM

Smile Re: Putting fretboard marks on an S320

[FONT=Verdana]I understand exactly what you are referring to. A simple temporary way to indentify notes on individual frets i.e. A B G E D F etc etc is to simply purchase colored dots from Office Depot or Staples and pick a color for each note. An example is to pick green dots for the notes G. place a green dot on each place where the G note shows up on the fret. For the G I believe there are 10 places. Learn where these are so you can find them without the dot. Then Change to Blue dots for B so on and so on. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]If you want to know which fret is what number quickly you can purchase little numbers as well and place them on the edge of the neck off the fret board until you memorize them. [/FONT]
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

I really aprecciate all of your help, maybe youre right; it is a good idea not to put anything on the frets and just get used to the little dots the s320 has on top of the neck, I think its worth a try
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scallywag View Post
If you want to know which fret is what number quickly you can purchase little numbers as well and place them on the edge of the neck off the fret board until you memorize them. [/FONT]
Aha! maybe Ill try that one too! thanks a lot Scallywag...

Tags
fretboard marks , s320

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode