(re)Installing 80's Pro Rock'r tremolo - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

(re)Installing 80's Pro Rock'r tremolo

Anybody have any tips /diagrams/ etc for installing one of the old 80's Pro Rock'r (?) tremolos? It's the big gold block/ black handle/ preFloyd/PreEdge models.

Thanks in advance.

Bryan

P.S. I had typed out a new member/1st post/ 8 paragraph back-story TWICE only to lose them both to the f'n nightmare that is Windows VISTA. I'll re-introduce myself properly sometime when I'm not so steamed...LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 10:35 AM

Re: (re)Installing 80's Pro Rock'r tremolo

I have a guitar with the hardrocker on it, but that's the same era gigantic non locker. once upon a time i went through all the catalogs on either the official ibanez site or ibanezrules and i think i found a diagram of it.

Sorry for the non answer answer, best chance might be to find someone on here that has one and query them and get some pictures snapped.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Added pic as with further research...I'm not even sure WHAT kind of trem it is...it does lock at the top of the neck.

I am also aware that I am missing one saddle/string block piece...hoping to find it under the work bench later today. If not, I will be be post agin in the "pars wanted" dept...

Bryan

Asking in advance to NOT knock my fan-boy / VH shop project...LOL.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0004.jpg (39.3 KB, 1 views)
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

thanks da5....
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 10:55 AM

The studs look wrong. the studs for that era ibanez trem in that style were usually hex topped, even then, and on my hardrocker they're concave and fit up to a rounded bit on the bridge so that it rotates when you use the trem.

They came up with the knife edge later. Also the top of the studs fit through the holes on those bridges IIRC. Did you receive it with the studs like that?

as far as missing the saddle and the block, pray you find it those things are hen's teeth.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Yep, good eyes. Those are just wood screws holding the thing in place until I do a proper pre-drill for the hex-stud things. Had to carve out some cavity from the cheap Squier trem and I wanted to make sure there was enough room for the bulky old thing.

The search goes on for that last "peg"....looks like I'm hitting up eBay for one of those $35 dollar Floyd knock offs soon....or just ditch the low E like Keef...LOL.

Did catch the old catalogs they scanned on Ibanezrules...the old trem came off an RS 525.

Tags
80's , pro rock'r , roadstar ii , tremolo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode