replacement nut - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

replacement nut

i have seen a replacement nut for a floyd on allparts, i wonder if you could tell me if one of these would be suitable to replace the nut on my rg550. there are two different ones:

Ebanol Nut With Metal Base for Replacing Floyd Rose® Nut 1-11/16" Black
or
Ebanol Nut With Metal Base for Replacing Floyd Rose® Nut 1-5/8" Black
thankyou!

also would this bridge be suitable to replace my lo-pro once the cavities are filled in of course.
Non-Tremolo Bridge for Strat® Chrome With Screws 2-3/16" Spacing, Bridge Plate 2 - 7/8" x 1 - 1/2"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 08:09 PM
Vendor

1 11/16" is 43mm [as close as you get], you also want one with a radius as close to 430mm [or 16-17"] as you can get. Center to center on a Lo Pro saddles is 54mm [2 1/8"] which would be preferred, you might notice the extra width if your E strings are falling too close to the edge of the frets in the last few
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

thanx rich, is there any bridge in particular that would be perfect for me, or will one off allparts do the trick, would you be able to look for me on allparts seen as though you are clued into these things, only if you can though. thanx
also im not sure if the nuts had the radius on them i'll take another look.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 01:25 PM
Vendor

No time today, just try and find one 2 1/8"
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

surely someone out there must have done this?? any advice on what bridge to use would be very much appreciated, i need to get this sorted quick!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2004, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

i found a bridge, with 2-1/8 string spacing, its top loading, will this be pretty stable, or is it best to go for something with the through body stringing style?

Tags
floyd rose , tremolo bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode