replacement trem - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

replacement trem

Is there any good replacement trem for rg 270dx that would fit its routing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 06:12 PM

don't quote me on this, but I think an Original Floyd Rose shares the same dimensions with a TRS
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

I think you're right about that, but the problem is that the trem in the 270dx is worse!!! It's a single locking ilt1...
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 03:57 PM

Good news, if you think of it that way. Most Mighty Mite guitar parts are from the Cort factory in Korea where they made your 270. They sell the Lo-TRS. But, understand that it may not fit because it goes deeper into the guitar's body. They also sell a regular trem. Their standard Floyd Rose copy. It is basically the same baseplate as your single lock. Just the saddles and lock bolts are different. It should drop right in, and then you'd have a locking trem equal in quality to the Lo-TRS. Some guys don't like any of the Korean trems, and so far they'd be right, because they don't wear very well. But the regular trem is still far superior a design than your single lock. The original Floyds have a rounded baseplate instead of the angles found on the Koreans. So they aren't a nice replacement. You could also just order 6 saddles, blocks, and bolts (sold together) and convert your trem over. Make sure you get the different heights for each string set.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 07:32 PM

I don't know the dimensions, but if you can fit a Wilkinson in there, I'd go for it.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

Thanks
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 09:59 AM

its true. the original floyd rose fits in perfectly. i changed my TRS II a while back for a schaller floyd rose . it requires no modification. its your best option if your not into modifying yout guitar
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2003, 05:20 PM

But the RG200s dont have TRS trems, they have "Fr double lock" trems according to the ibanez website... So whether an OFR will really fit or not is a gamble...

I know this because of a lot of research I've done lately, but I was wondering how can a Floyd be single locking? The bridge locks the string in the clamps(Bridge) right? How else will the string stay in the bridge without the clamps? Or is there some sort of ball end feed through it? Anyway what I would do is somehow find out if a TRS will fit, and if so then logically an OFR will fit as well.

Tags
floyd rose , schaller floyd rose , trs trems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode