Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Replacement trem for strat

Tags
strat tremolo
2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  andrewgosline 
#1 ·
I've been out of the guitar thing for a gooood while now. I recently obtained a MIM Fender strat. And I was wondering if there were any after market trem's that were awesome that fit on a MIM Strat (Vintage screw not twin pivot) Also, if there was a locking one? Or Can someone custom make one?

#5 ·
There are a lot of options out there in terms of Strat upgrades. Guitarfetish sells some good stuff that doesn't cost much. You can nab a Wilkinson vintage-style bridge there, with a steel block that will make a big difference in sustain over the MIM zinc block. GFS also sells their own line of blocks, and they make one that fits MIM strats.

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Upgrade-Steel-and-Brass-Tremolo-Blocks_c_219.html

Then, in order to get a little more tuning stability, they sell the Wilkinson EZ-lock tuners, or their own knock-off locking tuners.

The final step is to get a Tusq XL or similar nut -- this is one of the key points in tuning stability. They change the tone a bit too.

All of that combined will not work as well as a Floyd, but will do a great deal to help you stay in tune.

Callaham's stuff is reputedly amazing, but his gear is more about sustain and tone than tuning stability.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.