Replacement of your trem arm - "tutorial" with pictures - Page 7 - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 05:30 PM

Re: Replacement of your trem arm - "tutorial" with pictures

i agree, someone re-do this mod thread with new pics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 05:10 PM

check my posts out think page 4 or 5 pictures still there. If you look it is done on an edge pro and can confirm did it on pro7 on my Universe too!!!
post #93 of 95 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 12:00 AM

great men thanks

Last edited by nerio; 02-13-2009 at 04:12 PM.
post #94 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 06:56 AM

Hi, the replacement is a very good mod in case you like your trem arm a little tighter. I had to do a mod because I accidentally overtightened the nut that holds the arm cyclinder in place and underneath the tremolo a little part chipped of making it impossible to screw it in. My mod was the following and never again have I had that part of the trem come loose. To do it you need to remove the trem, then I took off the bolt and cylinder, put some super glue on the top of the cylinder, well more like underneath the ring, so that the glue didn't overflow to the top, next I used three machinehead washers, perfect size and thickness for this, put some loctite on the cylinders threads and tightened everything up nicely. I wasn't sure how this would work out at first but I must admit that the job and the trems functionality are great. Well every now and then I have to change the arms bushings but that's how it is. For people like myself that like the look of the original everything is the same, only removing the trem will you see the washers. Even the flutter improved alot, I suck at flutter but now even I get a compliment or two when I incorporate it into a riff... he,he,he... Now I'm just waiting to receive my backstop and hope to achieve the perfect in vibrato and stability. I didn't take any pics but it's pretty straight forward to do, a little harder to explain though.

P.S. does the chapstick really make a difference in pitch return when used on the posts?

Regards, and if I can be of any help to anyone just let me know

Nelson
post #95 of 95 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 04:40 AM

What i do is use two bushings get about a square inch cut piece of plastic wrap it around the edge trem bar and push it into the stock Edge arm holder the consistency firmness/loose ratio is better then any screw in ive ever used dont change it

Tags
arm holder , cavity cover , edge pros , edge trem , floyd rose , floyd rose trem , hipshot tremsetter , ibanez backstop , ibanez trem , joe satriani , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge tremolo , steve vai , trem arm , trem arm holder , tremolo arm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode