replacing bound fretboard - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

replacing bound fretboard

I want to know has anyone here replaced a bound fretboard, and if so, is the binding only as deep as the fretboard, or deeper into the neck wood?

I'd like to buy a used bound fretboard for a custom hardtail build(it's got a reg nut), and replace the board to do my own inlays. I just don't want to remove the board and find that the binding goes into the neck. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 10:29 PM

Re: replacing bound fretboard

You should be fine, the theory behind binding is to just cover up the fret ends. it's really more of a cosmetic thing. However, before actually embarking on anything, i'd google around a bit, as it could vary depending on the particular neck.

Tags
replacing bound fretboard , replacing fretboard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode